Manta 400R.. Where To Get Springs?

daverwd

Have nearly finished my manta 400r... Its running a c20xe engine & now that its sitting back on its 4 wheels i would like to lower the

car 30mm to 40mm as it seems a bit high on standard suspension, Does anyone know where i can buy a set of lowering springs to suit the car?

Also what would the lbs of the front & rear springs need to be for a comfortable ride as the car is for road use ?..

A cheap way of doing it is to cut a couple of inches of each coil wind and try the car, keep cutting until you get the required ride height, this will also raise the spring rate though.

In my experience you can cut a full coil or 2 off and the car handles great, i do however like a billiard table ride quality :huh:

You will have to cut the bump stop 'cone' off inside the middle of the front spring to avoid riding around on the bump stops

Cheers

Kev

A cheap way of doing it is to cut a couple of inches of each coil wind and try the car, keep cutting until you get the required ride height, this will also raise the spring rate though.

In my experience you can cut a full coil or 2 off and the car handles great, i do however like a billiard table ride quality :huh:

You will have to cut the bump stop 'cone' off inside the middle of the front spring to avoid riding around on the bump stops

Cheers

Kev

EDIT, just noticed you are on standard suspension, you may not be able to trim those to get a good ride as they are not a progressive spring IIRC :)

Standard shocks won't work with cut down springs either, sorry if i'm telling you how to suck eggs :thumbup