Engellman Mirror Mounting Blocks

E21-Mark

80 euros per set in repro

Is that for the cheap chinese/taiwan victory copies, as their mouinting blocks are shattering due to the plastic going brittle in a very short period of time, but hey ho you get what you pay for.........................

E21-Mark, pm me and i'll sort you out with another set of mirrors etc, im still out of mounting blocks though.

Edited by lepo5

Is that for the cheap chinese/taiwan victory copies, as their mouinting blocks are shattering due to the plastic going brittle in a very short period of time, but hey ho you get what you pay for.........................

Hmmmmm imported from Germany and ref made in Spain........(chinese/taiwan victory copies????)

chinese/taiwan victory copies????)

Here is the link to the cheap chinese taiwan victory copies.

Am i right in assuming you want to charge 80 euro's for 2 pieces of plastic??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPEL-MANTA-1970-1975-SPORTY-PAIR-DOOR-MIRROR-NEW-/170637279241?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bac64009

And remember folks you get what you pay for.

Edited by lepo5

PM'd

My mrs bought me a set of the cheap copies (bless her. Her heart was in the right place) and now I just have to keep making excuses as to why I won't fit the bloody things! They're nasty bits of tat!

Edited by E21-Mark

chinese/taiwan victory copies????)

Here is the link to the cheap chinese taiwan victory copies.

Am i right in assuming you want to charge 80 euro's for 2 pieces of plastic??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPEL-MANTA-1970-1975-SPORTY-PAIR-DOOR-MIRROR-NEW-/170637279241?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bac64009

And remember folks you get what you pay for.

............................The Spanish company Alkar Automotive S.A. was founded in 1976. The following non-original spare parts for trucks and cars are produced under the trademark ALKAR: rear-view mirrors, lightning (headlights, glass). The goods are supplied to all the continents in more than 70 countries of the world.

Altogether there are nearly eight thousand items in Alkar catalogue. The Alkar range includes mirror sets, mirror glasses with holders, changeable glass cases, headlight glass and others. Alkar lightning is supplied to more than 40 European and Japanese car-making companies...

WE do not have "cheap" parts!!!

First i have heard of this company Alkar, mind you at 80 euro's for 2 pieces of plastic, you certainly do not have "cheap" parts!!!

All Opel dealers know this brand since it is one of the most famous ones in aftermarket......mirrors (manual or elec) from Ascona/Manta to Astra/H or Insignia........sorry that you do not know them.

They collaborate only with dealers and not retail sales......this may be the reason......

The GENUINE ones ( genuine box GM number etc etc etc) were at 135 Euros/item (270 Euros set)

The GM deleted the specific production at 1991

These were made by engelmann

400logo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the aftersales market the brand engelmann is considered as OEM ....if they have the GM number 90019573 or 90019574 ARE the GENUINE ones (all of the others are OEM)

The mirrors that are with the specific logo and are with clear glass and GM number are considered as genuine

All others are considered as OEM (Not genuine but same factory)

GM never had production with tinted mirrors (at least for Europe till deletion at 91) (so all of the others are OEM)

The used ones can be fount from 135 Euros to 25 (depending from the salesman/condition etc etc)

The repro ones or aftermarket ones (Hella ZKW Alkar Stel Gior Sym) or the japan korean cheap ones are made from other factories (sometimes better...sometimes worse than the genuine)

At least they are new..........

The Astra J ones for ex (genuine ones) are made from a Turkey factory

Some other parts for Antara for ex (genuine ones) are made from a Korean factory (since the main production is in Korea like Chevrolet Captiva........)

Interesting, however i was aware the Engelmann stopped producing these a long time ago, The picture you show with the engraved logo is of the older type, and the mirrors from Engelmann anyway did come with blue glass, GM to my knowledge did not do tinted ones.

For those people that know me and have purchased not only mirrors and glass/ spare parts know that i only deal with the GENUINE ITEMS i will not Entertain the cheap chinese/taiwan copies, or any others for that matter,

I supply good used sets (pairs with the seals and screws) for £50.

unpainted good used sets (pairs with the seals and screws) from £80

Brand new sets again with all the trimmings for £150,

Still a lot cheaper than 135 Euros/item (270 Euros set) and ORIGINAL ITEMS.

Edited by lepo5

if they are blue glass they are fakes :lol: mine are blue glass also :) bought a brand new one in GM box with all bits for £22 got another without foot seal or screws or £16 off same guy. put them in spares dept bargain i recon.

dont think so m8

the englemann i got came from germany,i got the mounting blocks off lepo5,theres a pic of mine in my project section under e540vbg,thats the car you sold me the genuine ariel for??

my daughter lives in germany a wealth of parts available there,suggest you do your homework first

it was a joke hense the lol character i said they where fakes because opel did not fit blue glass to the englemann mirrors on mantas/asconas/kadetts even 400 variants. i dont need to do homework. just read the previous posts.

• 8 months later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread but I am in desperate need of fitting kits for my Engelmann mirrors. My cars just been painted, as have the mirrors, but I cannot find my mounting kits.

Please can anyone help me out? Mark 07958 173098 or markbrown100 at yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in advance.