Manta A

rayman

Biggest thing I think is that the compression ratio will go down as the chamber is bigger on the 2.4 head.

Inlet ports are raised on the 2.4 head compared with the 1.9, so intake manifold must account for that (are you using injection or carbs?).

I think the 2.4 head has 2 bolts that attach to the front cover, afaik later 1.9s will have a front cover to suit that, and early ones won't.

I stand to be correctd, as none of the above from experience, but I've been doing a lot of research for an engine project of my own.

Biggest thing I think is that the compression ratio will go down as the chamber is bigger on the 2.4 head.

Inlet ports are raised on the 2.4 head compared with the 1.9, so intake manifold must account for that (are you using injection or carbs?).

I think the 2.4 head has 2 bolts that attach to the front cover, afaik later 1.9s will have a front cover to suit that, and early ones won't.

I stand to be correctd, as none of the above from experience, but I've been doing a lot of research for an engine project of my own.

Thanks for that ,think i will rebuild the 1.9 as it only needs a crank polish and shells then i can build the 2.4 at my leisure without having to use bits from each engine

The 1,9 block is very good regarding cooling, a well build 1,9 can make between 170-200bhp (street/race) and will keep running.

If you have a complete 2,4 however i would definatly mount this unit.

The 2,4 head will fit, but as said the intake ports are different so you need 2,2/2,4 intakes (injection or webers). The 2,4 head is as good as it gets and in my oppinion the 1,9 block / 2,2 - 2,4 head combo is as good as it gets. My brother is currently building a 1,9 for racing using a Mantzel M2700 head.