New Gte Recaro Seat Foam?

conalnugent

hi there. I picked up a set of manta gte recaro bucket seats. Im sort of a newbie to sourciing parts so with watching wheelers dealers they always can find new foam for the seats of old cars. So i was wondering if it waas possible to get the foam for the above mentioned seat and if so where can i get it and how much can i expect to pay??? Thanks

I am very interested in this too. I know that you can get new foam and covers for the VW Golf GTi recaro seats (not identical and made on license by VW)

The recaro seats in wheeler dealers often get new foam and covers..

Regarding the "passanger side seat trick" that is definatly an option. I have often used 2 passenger seats for my Manta´s and you guys driving in the right side of the car, you should be able to find a nice german passenger side seat that in your case will actually be a drivers seat to fit in your car :)

hi there. I picked up a set of manta gte recaro bucket seats. Im sort of a newbie to sourciing parts so with watching wheelers dealers they always can find new foam for the seats of old cars. So i was wondering if it waas possible to get the foam for the above mentioned seat and if so where can i get it and how much can i expect to pay??? Thanks

Don't bother trying to do seat repairsourself unless you really know what your doing.

Find a decent car trimmer and get them to sort it for you, got a quote recently for taking in a recaro to be fully recovered including sorting out the foam, was 100-150 quid per front seat depending how bad the condition was. Not bad considering that all you do is drop it off and then pick up a brand new seat. Think how much you would fork out for a decent bucket seat.

HTH

Chris

<LI class=title>Commodore. ive major plan for he seats ad im not sue if its ever been done before. I have gutted and old dogged omega memory electric adjustable tilt and slide seat. Im mounting the manta seat on the omega sub frame, this wll be 3 out of the 4 motors sorted. Then th 4th motor is in th bacck part of he seaat so i will cut out the motor an hinges and shorten the width to suit the manta seat and weld up again then mount this onto the manta seat. Once th mechanics is sorted i will be getting it recovers in full leather with orgional GTE badges and stiched up the same way as origional.

I was wondering about foam incase i mess it up as i didnt want to start work until i knew i could source foam. Here is a few snapps

omegaseat.jpg

omegabuttons.jpg

omegaseatapart.jpg

omegastripped.jpg

omegamotor1.jpg

ans here are my manta seats that will be recieving a 21st century make over

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

Don't bother trying to do seat repairsourself unless you really know what your doing.

Find a decent car trimmer and get them to sort it for you, got a quote recently for taking in a recaro to be fully recovered including sorting out the foam, was 100-150 quid per front seat depending how bad the condition was. Not bad considering that all you do is drop it off and then pick up a brand new seat. Think how much you would fork out for a decent bucket seat.

HTH

Chris

Bit puzzled by that reply by lambchop,,,, it's not like the engine will blow if seats not trimmed properly :D

I would say that most of us on here have discovered ways to do things when we originally had no idea until we got stuck in, it can be the best way to learn how to tackle a job, and a route to learning new skills and to find what is acheiveable by yourself.

Bit puzzled by that reply by lambchop,,,, it's not like the engine will blow if seats not trimmed properly :D

I would say that most of us on here have discovered ways to do things when we originally had no idea until we got stuck in, it can be the best way to learn how to tackle a job, and a route to learning new skills and to find what is acheiveable by yourself.

I agree 100%. I have just made a really weird fusion of seats for a VW Derby Mk1 using the original seats and a set of Golf Mk2 Recaros. I used the original subframes, welded on the struts to keep the foam stiff in the sides, moved the Recaro foam and seat cover over the original subframe used the Recaro backrest, boltet everything together and badabing badabum a set of Golf 2 GTi recaros to fit a Mk1 Derby :)

Alot of stuff can be done, its doing it thats the hard part, but if you never try, you never find out thumbsup.gif

amen to that.

Fair enough points but if you haven't got the material, or the foam most guys in the business have stuff lying around to repair. Looked at doing something similar to a 306 seat out of a car that me and an ex used to have. Went to the trimming place to see how much to fix, including material, foam and stiching it all back up 35 quid. Is it worth messing about all day for 35 quid. For me no.

I've done the mucking about with seats, etc and i usually find that most of the ones i pick up are goosed anyway!!!

Agree with you though, thats why my decent set of grey recaros are sitting on home made subframes ready to go in the moggy minor thats in the garage.

Chris