More Help

steel

i understand th plating in for strength of the underside of lower arm [but if it were me ide have used slightly thicker metal 2mm ] but the rest ime not sure about

Thats a rally/track mod for adjustable anti roll bar, need to link between the two with spherical bearings/adjustable rod. Pretty obvious, holes closest to the mount the roll bar is stiffer and visa versa.

As you say the plates are for stiffening the lower arm, and yes i would use 2mm (did on the grasser ones) and would put a couple of fillet ones inside as well.

I think the plate on the bottom with the 2 bolts is as you say to retain the balljoint. They are only a press fit so there is a possibility that they could work loose with time on a rally motor.

HTH

Chris

Edited by lamchop77

Thats a rally/track mod for adjustable anti roll bar, need to link between the two with spherical bearings/adjustable rod. Pretty obvious, holes closest to the mount the roll bar is stiffer and visa versa.

As you say the plates are for stiffening the lower arm, and yes i would use 2mm (did on the grasser ones) and would put a couple of fillet ones inside as well.

I think the plate on the bottom with the 2 bolts is as you say to retain the balljoint. They are only a press fit so there is a possibility that they could work loose with time on a rally motor.

HTH

Chris

rods1.jpg

you mean these ? had these given to me with the pedal box :D i was wondering how i couldnt figure out where they went on it :blink: will cut of the plating dress the welds and redo it, all makes sense now thanks

Edited by steel

HTH

Chris

I have experienced popping one of those while driving, and let me tell you that ain´t fun at all ! ! ! It was a very old one on a A series car, and the rubber seal had apparently been faulty for some time, so all of the ball grease has vanished and the ball itself was rusty. So while driving the ball itself actually popped out of the socket ! ! ! ! Goes without saying, the car smashed the wheel up in the arch and dragged on the road for some time. I was pretty lucky as the car ended up on a piece of lawn as the car was totally incontrollable :)

Those things are not to fool around with, safety first ! thumbsup.gif