A And B Series Servo And Master Cylinder

moodoo

All,

Couple of questions...

1) Just wondering if the servos on an A and B are the same...also the master cylinders?

2) Am I right in thinking that standard bore is 20.something...but that there's a 22mm one that fits also?

Thanks,

Fin

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for dragging this up again...looking for a Monza/commodore master cylnder, but I've seen more than one reference to them being 23mm (23.8), not 22 (22.2?)mm. Which is correct..or both...or are there different ones..?:blink:

get in contact with gm6 in cornwall. you need an early monza 23mm master cylinder off a non abs car. last one i got off him was £50 posted. could be one or two at billing if you look hard. :)

I think a lot depends on models and years, I have a 1972 Manta 'A' and the master cylinder on that is 20mm, I had a Commodore 'B' and the master cylinder on that would fit the Manta but the bore is 23mm, mine is an early Commodore, the later one's had disc brakes at the rear and that master cylinder was a different size yet again!

Personally I wouldn't change from the original, if you increase the bore of the cylinder, obviously you'll be pushing more fluid which will destroy the 'feel' of the brakes, I'm sure it'll work just as efficiently but the choice is yours?

Cheers,

Alf.

Thanks guys...

Is gm6 on here...apologies for my ignorance?!

I'm putting Carlton calipers on my A, so am figuring that I'll probably need to get a bigger m/cylinder to help push the extra fluid for the bigger pistons, but I can try it without the new cylinder to see how it goes of course. I suspect the pedal will be quite long without a bigger m/cylinder.

Hi,

Of course that's possible, without knowing the difference between the two types of caliper, it's impossible to know, I do know my Manta has two pistons and only going from memory (which isn't so good these days!!) I think the Carlton just has one slightly larger one? May not be that much difference?? I'm out of my depth when you start changing parts, is there someone on here that's already done this conversion?

Cheers,

Alf.

• 2 weeks later...