C20Xe Coscast Head

manta88

coscast can go porus/oil gallery fault so be careful, a good gm head pressure tested and rebuilt is as good. if you get one that has the oil in water fault the cure is on migweb two ways to do it and easy to do :) .

lepo5

Posted Today, 12:35 AM

For a decent one you would be looking to pay 200+ there is a guy on migweb that is selling a couple, try there

That was the first place i tryed and was a bit surprised ,you are right £200.00 to £225.00 :o

rutts

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

coscast can go porus/oil gallery fault so be careful, a good gm head pressure tested and rebuilt is as good. if you get one that has the oil in water fault the cure is on migweb two ways to do it and easy to do .

Not to sure if my head is porus but getting white smoke on accelleratin and a puff of smoke after slowing down then accellerating ,so did a compression test that didn't show any faults. The repair on MIGweb sounds fairly stright forward so may give it a go,cheers.

As per Rutts mate.

Coscast head on my old Calibra engine went porous, but not until I had sold it though :D (only kidding Nat)

And as you say Mick, the repair on Mig is really the best way round it, you could simply end up with what you already have by buying another head, I have a suspicion my head may be porous, but at least the one on the car is ok :lol::blink:

compression test wont show up the fault only sign is loads of creamy oil in your radiator. i got my 8mm tube on ebay very cheap but you must turn it down to around 7.5mm i did this in my stand drill with different grades of sand paper till i got a tight fit in the oil gallery put thread lock on it also but dont think it needs it as it cant go anywhere with the head bolts in way, i used another piece of same tube to tap it place. never had a problem since :)

That was the first place i tryed and was a bit surprised ,you are right £200.00 to £225.00 :o

that is the going rate im afraid, you might pick one up cheaper but you will be lucky to do so.

Not to sure if my head is porus but getting white smoke on accelleratin and a puff of smoke after slowing down then accellerating ,so did a compression test that didn't show any faults. The repair on MIGweb sounds fairly stright forward so may give it a go,cheers.