1988 Manta Gt/e Exclusive Coupe

BMD

right lads, I am advertising my recently restored coupe on ebay either tonight or tomorrow night for 7 days, you can see plenty of pix in my threads.

if you want anything sent, email bmd909t@yahoo.co.uk ; car is totally standard, has had over £3500 spent in last 6 months, inc respray and alloys refurbed and is mod't 11 months and taxed 5 months;

i have no big story or spiel to give, no new car/house/baby/job/divorce etc etc; its never looked as well as it looks now and i think this is the time to let her go, i have owned her since 1993; she is not concours or anything but is highly presentable with a few minor things to finish her off; she comes with several spares and original manual/service book/wallet

don't hesitate to ask me anything, or to ask for pix; she needs a gaiter, two wee bits of plastic trim, a small oil leak from oilpump cover repaired, and a faulty earth/light switch attended to, as when the full beam is selected sometimes the indicators dont work

i hope to get around £5000 for her but am open to offers, the worst i will do is say no thanks, with no offence taken/given. but please don't come on here slagging her off or telling me my price is too high, we've all seen what these have sold for recently, and what purpose are you serving only to criticise; car is in Ballymena, Antrim

thanks lads and ladesses

P1011565.jpg

P1011566.jpg

P1011593.jpg

09612.jpg

What a lovely car! Wish I had the Money Billy, £5k is nothing for a lovely car like that. The body work and interior alone is difficult to source to that condition in which case, assuming the rest of the car is up to this spec then consider it sold. I would love a white girl again and would go for this no problem if I did have the funds. Good Luck mate!

Gaz

thanks guys for the comments :thumbup as i say she's not a show winner or anything like that, just a good honest example of a 23 year-old exclusive having been well -restored, needing a couple of wee bits and bobs to finish her; if she doesn't sell i'll get the summer out of her and put her back in the garage where she has been for the last 9 years lol!

prob will kick myself if she does go, but we'll see...

forgot to add lads that she's on here and on totalopel (irish opel owners) website only, as i wanted to give fellow opel and/or manta club members/enthusiasts first shout, but she'll be on ebay tomorrow night; also, anybody on the mainland who buys her will be picked up at whatever port in northern ireland you come into, as a goodwill gesture...thanks again lads... :)

stopped £25 short of reserve!!!!!!!!!!

now i'm not sure what to do, had over 180 watchers..........

Yeah it was going really well, and I thought it might have made well over £5k to £5.5k the way it was going, but the bidding seem to stall about 2 hours before the end??

Why not contact the highest bidder if it's close to what you originally wanted?

thanks m8, yeah i was surprised that the bidding seemed to stop quite abruptly, ah well; now thinking of finishing off the couple of wee bits and getting the summer out of her....(what summer?!!lol!)

cheers

thanks m8, yeah i was surprised that the bidding seemed to stop quite abruptly, ah well; now thinking of finishing off the couple of wee bits and getting the summer out of her....(what summer?!!lol!)

cheers

I can't say I blame you! Be great to see her at Billing if you're coming over! :thumbup

thanks lads, must say its posts like this that make me wanna hold on to her, i was weighing up the choice of either keeping her or sticking a buy-it-now of £5250 on her, magners sounds just the ticket steve, at least for the next night or two while i think about it!!

cheers lads for all comments!

billy

or bring it to billing and stick a for sale sign on it :thumbup must be the best place to sell it.

Billing is a good Idea! there was an early B (not concourse condition) that turned up on the saturday last year which got lots of attention and was sold within 2 hours! (Robbie) lol

Edited by Chappers11050

• 1 month later...

ok folks, after 18 years of ownership, the manta went to a new home today, got a fair price for her so can't complain...as there's not a general chat forum here, can i just take this opportunity to thank all you members who have advised, helped, warned, supplied bits, and generally been crucial to my restoration of the ol' girl ;) i really couldn't have done it without this place...

i have recommended the forum to the new owner, and told him this is the place to ask about the couple of wee bits he needs to finish the motor off, so i hope you will all be good to him!! :D

i'll be still popping in now and again to see what's about, but prob won't be looing for another manta for the foreseeable future, but sure, it's still a great forum and an enjoyable read...

cheers guys and gals...take care and genuine best wishes,

billy :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

hi steve, thanks m8 :thumbup

aye i don't know myslf m8, but the guy offered a fair price and i just decided the time/price/feeling was right so she's gone...i hope he enjoys her, her interior and bodywork are mint, and with a couple of wee bits n bobs she'll be complete. not sure whether to invest the cash, build a cobra kitcar, remap my scooby daily drive, or buy a sensible st focus, every hour i change my mind m8!! :blink:

anyway, as i said above, thanks for all the comments re the car, and for all previous help/advice, i'll be checking in on the omoc just to seee what you are up to, and to watch your projects (so get you finger out m8! ;) )

cheers

billy