Heater Hoses Manta B Wanted

Scribe of Lincoln

Hi,

Does anybody have a pair of heater hoses for a Manta B in good condition please?

The bottom hose runs from the top of the water pump to the heater matrix. The top hose runs from the heater matrix to the thermostat housing.

Required for a 1976 Manta B 1.6, however I'm pretty sure that the heater hoses for the 2.0 are the same.

Cheers!

Was intending to hang on to these Ben, mainly due to the main dealers struggling to get me sorted about ten years ago. I'll see what I've got left mate, I know for a fact there is at least one hose I'm not going to be using.

I'm guessing it is the hose that rests on top of the exhaust manifold on the B that is stuffed? that you require

Ay up Gunman good to see you backk on here, how's that old SEH of mine going? :thumbup

Edited by opel2000

Thanks for the speedy replies both.

Unfortunately I don't know how to add photos (don't have photo bucket or whatever it's called.) If you can let me know you're e-mail addresses I could e-mail pictures direct if that's OK?

I need both hoses, due to a bodge that I have just discovered from a previous owner. I couldn't work out why no hot water was getting to the heater matrix. I flushed the matrix, thinking it may be full of sludge, however it was clear. The I realised that some of my flushing activity had made it on to the passenger floor mat!! I took the matrix out and found that it was knackered and then discovered that both heater pipes had been spliced and blocked off using 2 bits of steel and jubilee clipped back together!

Some people can be so tight!! The Chief Welder is very kindly sorting me out with another matrix and I've ordered a new water pump for good measure. Just need the pipes now. They run from the heater matrix down the side of the rocker box cover - one going into the thermostat housing and the other curving down to the small outlet at the top of the water pump.

Hi mate,

as long as its a one piece hose ( i can't remember tbh )meaning it doesn't split off into another hose or have any other hose/s joining onto it,GATES do VULCOFLEX hose,which is basically straight hose with wire within it,then once you've bent it into shape,and run hot water through it,it keeps that shape.All i need to know James is the i/d of the hose at both ends.Let me know bud,cheers

PMA posted this last month, I think it is a very good post, very helpful for the type of predicament that you are in. I'm sure PMA won't mind me drawing your attention to it.

Hi mate,

as long as its a one piece hose ( i can't remember tbh )meaning it doesn't split off into another hose or have any other hose/s joining onto it,GATES do VULCOFLEX hose,which is basically straight hose with wire within it,then once you've bent it into shape,and run hot water through it,it keeps that shape.All i need to know James is the i/d of the hose at both ends.Let me know bud,cheers

PMA posted this last month, I think it is a very good post, very helpful for the type of predicament that you are in. I'm sure PMA won't mind me drawing your attention to it.

Sounds perfect for what I need. I've got some regular heater hose however I'm not sure that it's going to cope with the bends so well. Can you let me know where I can get the Vulcoflex hose please?

Cheers,

Sounds perfect for what I need. I've got some regular heater hose however I'm not sure that it's going to cope with the bends so well. Can you let me know where I can get the Vulcoflex hose please?

Cheers,

PMA posted the info on this under " Parts Wanted" on May 21st 2011, just scroll back to this date from where you are now.

Hi guys,

so sorry,must be old age,missed this post :blink:

JULIAN - no probs at all matey,happy to help. :thumbup

JAMES - pull your finger out and get these sorted :lol:

SCRIBE - as the above says,as long as it is a 1 piece hose (no joints/splits coming off it)i just need to know the i/d.Its best if you give me the i/d at both ends,as some hoses will be different from 1 end to the other!

cheers,Paul :thumbup

Edited by pma

Hi guys,

so sorry,must be old age,missed this post :blink:

JULIAN - no probs at all matey,happy to help. :thumbup

JAMES - pull your finger out and get these sorted :lol:

SCRIBE - as the above says,as long as it is a 1 piece hose (no joints/splits coming off it)i just need to know the i/d.Its best if you give me the i/d at both ends,as some hoses will be different from 1 end to the other!

cheers,Paul :thumbup

Hi PMA,

Thanks for the response. I'm working away this week, but will come back to you with the ID later in the week (if I can read it - the hoses are 35 years old...)

Cheers,

Scribe

Hi PMA,

Thanks for the response. I'm working away this week, but will come back to you with the ID later in the week (if I can read it - the hoses are 35 years old...)

Cheers,

Scribe

Hi Scribe,

sorry if i have this wrong,but 'read it'??,are you thinking the measurement will be on the hose matey?You will have to measure it bud please :thumbup

Hi Scribe,

sorry if i have this wrong,but 'read it'??,are you thinking the measurement will be on the hose matey?You will have to measure it bud please :thumbup

Now I've read this again....

The inner diameter is 5/8ths of an inch I believe.

Can you give me an idea as to the cost of the Vulcoflex hose please?

Cheers!

If you can email pictures of the ones you require I will look at what I have got (from GTE), and what condition. robah@btinternet.com

Thanks for the post. I'm hoping to get some replacement Vulcoflex hose from PMA all being well. I've got some pipes that I can use to join the existing pipes back together if I don't manage to get a replacement (sometimes it's good to work for a brewery....)

I think I've got some hoses from a 1.9 early B, but I remember the top matrix hose running along the outside of the engine bay, like along the wing rail!?! :huh: Perhaps mine was bodged as the rest of the car fell apart on me :(