Manta Exclusive Coupe (Modified) [SOLD]

andymanta

HAVE NOW PUT IT ON EBAY - Start price £1000, Reserve £2750

I have finally decided to sell my Manta which I have had since 2004. Below is the spec for what's been done to it, I would appreciate any feedback members could give me, whether price or how to advertise it outside of the forum as not too sure yet.

When I bought it it had been standing for 6 years and had partially stripped ready for a red top conversion. It needed pretty much everything replacing including wings, inner wing repair sections, full sills, rear arches, lower rear panel, O/S/R lower corner, spare wheel well, bonnet, boot lid, near side door, headlamps, brake and fuel pipes, the list goes on so I will try and keep it short.

Engine 2.0 seh (cav sri) new water pump and oil pump

Gear Box Manta 1800 Carlton 2.0 Clutch

Rear Axle Manta 1800 3.7 final drive

Suspension front and rear pmc 'tarmac' springs Gaz adjustable shocks (superflex poly bushes f+r anti roll bars, panhard rod and radius arms)

Cooling re-cored gte rad and Senator electric fan

Exhaust Ashley 4into1 manifold and 2 box system (poly mounts)

Front Brakes Volvo 4pot calipers, Carlton vented discs

Rear Brakes Granada calipers, Calibra discs (Cavalier sri master cylinder, Nova gte servo, copper brake pipes and Goodridge hoses)

Interior pretty standard and in good condition. The steering wheel has been re-covered. Panasonic radio cassette (for that retro look) and a 6 CD changer in boot.

Other Englemann (400) door mirrors, gas struts on bonnet, battery in boot with cut off switch ( a good anti theft device) where possible nuts, bolts, washer, screws have been replaced with stainless steel items.

Here is a link for some pics I have put on photobucket http://s1181.photobu.../AndyLightwood/

There is some bad news however: As most of the bodywork was done in 2005 there is some rust/blistering in places - nothing major though (some areas have recently been repaired and resprayed) however there is no problem with the sunroof area. Mechanically there is a whine from the dif (but I have heard a lot worse), but there are no other real problems.

It has a current MOT till June 2012 and Tax till end August 2011, it will be sold with some spares which are too numerous to list here.

It would make an ideal basis for a 16v conversion ( the right sump engine mounts ,gearbox etc). Or could be returned to standard with a bit more work as all the exclusive parts are still present.

If you would like to more info then please email me, my email address is: chaka21673@aol.com but you can also contact me evenings on 07792 852203 for more information.

Price I am looking for around £2750-3000.

The location of the car is Ilfracombe, North Devon.

Thanks for looking, Cheers Andy

Sorry I forgot to mention that it has only done about 2000 miles since I bought it and the year of manufacture was 1987 (E).

The wheels are 7x15 TSW Hockenheim and tyres are Avon 195/50 15. I hope I haven't forgotton anything else!

Edited by andymanta