Sheffield Area Meet On July 7Th At Dronfield.

399Road

This months Sheffield area pub meet is on for next Thursday. We meet at the Toby Carvery which is located right at the top of Dronfield, near Sheffield. I've spoken to another couple of local Manta owners since last time so we might see another couple of new faces and new Mantas next week. We,ve had a good variety of cars at this meet before including A.series cars, Early B.series Mantas and Asconas and the later C. and CC plastic bumpered cars. We've also had a nice Chevette turn up before. If you're in the area, come along and say hello if you like. Everyone's welcome....... Luke.

I'll be there Luke, might see you before then, Billing or Retro Rides on Monday?

How's it going Ian?

Are you travelling down to Billing with us lot on Sunday morning? I think Mick and his mate with the Andrews heat for hire replica are setting off about 8.00 Am and we plan on meeting up with them at Junction 29 of the M1 at around 9 AM. A few of us are planning on being at Retro Rides in Sheffield on Monday night too. How's the car running now and did you swap that servo pipe over? Send Mick a message tonight if you want and he'll fill you in on the details about where they are setting off from.

I hope Paul got his Silver hatchback done in time, I'll look forward to seeing its transformed bodywork on Sunday. The main reason he bought this car was to go to Billing in and he's put a hell of a lot of work into it, to get it ready for this show.

.Luke.

Edited by 399Road

I'm back in blighty !!!!! Cars fueled ready to go.. Last one there buys the burgers :-)

Mick, Make mine the one that's the same colour as E.T. ..... "Phone Home"......... Yuk.

Edited by 399Road

• 3 weeks later...

Well...... Our Sheffield area convoy down to Billing went to plan on the Sunday. Rob led the way in his Brown Ascona B Auto closely followed by Dill in his Red Exclusive. Mick brought his modified B coupe and his mate with the Andrews 400 replica. Ian's car suprised everyone by being the only 4 speed car but flying down the M1 no problem. A mate of mine also tagged along in his Red topped Corsa track car and we followed behind in the White Ascona. The only problems we had were on the way down, where the Andrews car's nearside door hinge pin fell out causing the door to start to open up the wrong way around. A good day was had by all and with Rob's Ascona and Ian's Manta having being stood about for years until recently, I think both these cars did really well doing this kind of milage in one day without fault.

Our meeting at Dronfield on the Thursday night also had a couple of new cars and faces again. Paul's new GTE Hatchback looked absolutely gleaming after its restoration. It's hard to believe what he's achieved in only a couple of months and if anyone saw the state it was in, with it's Matt Black paint when he first brought it along , they'd agree he deserves a medal. Paul's now thinking of selling this car on so he can concentrate all his efforts and money onto his long term project 16 Valve hatchback. If I had the money, I'd like his Silver Hatchback GTE but I'm already on with 3 cars myself.

We had another Ascona B turn up at the meet ! This one an unrestored Red 4 door SR , owned by a bloke called Graham. He's from Doncaster in case anyone else has seen him driving around. I'm sure Graham wouldn't mind me saying that he's a bit of an Old boy racer and you can see this influence in his car. The Ascona runs the 13" ATS rims but has lowered and stiffened suspension and sits just right. I think that all Mantas and Asconas benefit from a bit of lowering. This car also has a few period accesories fitted and Graham loves it to bits.

Mick brought his Red B coupe along again and is thinking about a respray and new Vinyl roof soon. He's also got a nice set of Revolution 5 Spokes for this car and I think he'll have these fitted soon.

Anyway.. we had good weather and spent most of the evening in the carpark, looking round the cars. I'll look forward to next month's meeting.

.Luke.

Thanks Luke for the comments on my car, its actually now for sale look on cars for sale!!!!!

I had my last car show in her yesterday at donny (see Pic) she drives like a dream but im trying not to get too attached to it or Gloria will never see the light of day again :(

Hope she sells soon or i will be putting my house for sale :thumbup

DonnyShow_1.jpg

Hope you don't mind ste me putting this pic up as you can see your reg??????

Paul

Well...... Our Sheffield area convoy down to Billing went to plan on the Sunday. Rob led the way in his Brown Ascona B Auto closely followed by Dill in his Red Exclusive. Mick brought his modified B coupe and his mate with the Andrews 400 replica. Ian's car suprised everyone by being the only 4 speed car but flying down the M1 no problem. A mate of mine also tagged along in his Red topped Corsa track car and we followed behind in the White Ascona. The only problems we had were on the way down, where the Andrews car's nearside door hinge pin fell out causing the door to start to open up the wrong way around. A good day was had by all and with Rob's Ascona and Ian's Manta having being stood about for years until recently, I think both these cars did really well doing this kind of milage in one day without fault.

Our meeting at Dronfield on the Thursday night also had a couple of new cars and faces again. Paul's new GTE Hatchback looked absolutely gleaming after its restoration. It's hard to believe what he's achieved in only a couple of months and if anyone saw the state it was in, with it's Matt Black paint when he first brought it along , they'd agree he deserves a medal. Paul's now thinking of selling this car on so he can concentrate all his efforts and money onto his long term project 16 Valve hatchback. If I had the money, I'd like his Silver Hatchback GTE but I'm already on with 3 cars myself.

We had another Ascona B turn up at the meet ! This one an unrestored Red 4 door SR , owned by a bloke called Graham. He's from Doncaster in case anyone else has seen him driving around. I'm sure Graham wouldn't mind me saying that he's a bit of an Old boy racer and you can see this influence in his car. The Ascona runs the 13" ATS rims but has lowered and stiffened suspension and sits just right. I think that all Mantas and Asconas benefit from a bit of lowering. This car also has a few period accesories fitted and Graham loves it to bits.

Mick brought his Red B coupe along again and is thinking about a respray and new Vinyl roof soon. He's also got a nice set of Revolution 5 Spokes for this car and I think he'll have these fitted soon.

Anyway.. we had good weather and spent most of the evening in the carpark, looking round the cars. I'll look forward to next month's meeting.

.Luke.

Eyup Luke, the Manta drove really well to and from Billing. I was surprised how well myself with it being its first major trip. I've done quite a few miles since and its still performing well. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last meet, family problems. But will hopefully be there next week. Cheers Ian.

Oh no...... I'm at sodding work sorry dudes, would have called in my fire engine but it's out of our area, can I come next time in my saxo, Luke ?

Paul.. Got to give to you mate that's the fastest turn around of any resto I've seen and the finish is mint.. BUT !!! There's just one thing wrong mate... Too many doors ..... Real sports cars have two..... COUPES RULE.....;-)