Track Rod Ends

hotrod

Ive got an Opel Manta A series project. Im in need of new track rod ends which is becoming a pain in the bum. My questions are

1) Does it matter which side each rod gos on? i.e. Are there persific ones for o/s and n/s

2) Ive found some vauxhall/opel omega B tie track rod ends. Would they fit on it? If not are there any other rod ends off another car that would fit it?

Thanks

Edited by hotrod

The rods are not handed. You can get new ones from Dr Manta at a price. I did hear of some one fitting track rods from a later series Manta but they are physically much shorter so some extra work is involved. Maybe track rod ends for opel gt are ok. You could try opel gt source in the USA. Hope this helps.

Ive got an Opel Manta A series project. Im in need of new track rod ends which is becoming a pain in the bum. My questions are

1) Does it matter which side each rod gos on? i.e. Are there persific ones for o/s and n/s

2) Ive found some vauxhall/opel omega B tie track rod ends. Would they fit on it? If not are there any other rod ends off another car that would fit it?

Thanks

If you can't get hold of them you could use spherical bearing rod ends. You will probably have to mod the arms or make some adaptors.

Chris