Manta/ascona 400 Revolution Wheels

Retro Power

Just a quick ad to say we are now a Revolution distributor.

We can offer 8" and 9" wheels in either 4 stud, or 5 stud (the 5 stud 9" are a limited run, and the castings only arrived last week, so be quick if you want these.... we had the first set in the UK on Curt's Ascona at Billing!)

We can also advise on offsets, so please ask.

a typical 400 set (pair 8" front, and pair 9" rear in 4 or 5 stud) is £550 all-in plus £50 postage (any offset)

025.jpg

Edited by Retro Power
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In answer to vaious questions above:

Yes, we can still supply Revolution wheels.

Yep, can do all types, including the 5-spoke with the black centre/polished rim.

The widest Revolution do is 9" (which is physically around 10" wide)

All wheels are made to order, so centre bore, PCD and offset specified within a given range.

Tyres are a subject of debate. on the 8"/9" we go for 205/50/15 and 225/50/15 respectively which are ok to get hold of - you may have to search around a bit for the 225's but they are still made by a couple of decent manufacturers. These sizes are smaller than would typically be suggested for the rim width, but by no means excessively stretched - in fact they look perfect. It does raise the question 'why bother with the 9" rims' and the answer is really just the look! If you want to take full advantage of the 9" rim then you can still get these: http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/255__45VR15%20Michelin%20MXW.html but they are £350 each!

Id like to order a set of these for mine, do you know what offset is required to fit under one of Martins kits?

Scott

As long as you are using standard Manta running gear then yes, I have the dimensions written down somewhere. PM me or email enquiries@retropower.co.uk if you want to order.

id like a set of these aswell 9" rears and 8" fronts for my manta b 400 r 4 stud what will these cost me?

looking to buy myself a set for xmas

Manta/Ascona 400 sets (pair 8", pair of 9") in either 4 or 5 stud (any PCD or centre bore) without nuts or centre caps are £550 inc. VAT and £50 post to normal UK address.

Have had to increase price a little since Jan due to VAT registration.

Edited by Retro Power

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Tim. :(

Only kidding m8 - I was thinking of Tim from TJM for some reason *facepalm*

Thanks - that's cheaper than I expected but yes you're right - they probably look better without them. Just when I bought mine the fella couldn't find them so maybe I convinced myself I needed them.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Manta/Ascona 400 sets (pair 8", pair of 9") in either 4 or 5 stud (any PCD or centre bore) without nuts or centre caps are £525 inc. VAT and £50 post to normal UK address.

Have had to increase price a little since Jan due to VAT registration.

Would be Jan before delivery as all wheels are machined to order.

How much will the wheel nuts cost, are they much different to the standard nuts, and what in your opinion are the better locking nuts for these. Hope to cross your palms with silver in the next few months for the Black and Silver set for a 400r on standard axle, and the rest of my S.S. exhaust :thumbup

How much will the wheel nuts cost, are they much different to the standard nuts, and what in your opinion are the better locking nuts for these. Hope to cross your palms with silver in the next few months for the Black and Silver set for a 400r on standard axle, and the rest of my S.S. exhaust :thumbup

16 nuts also £20 (60 degree chrome bulge nuts from Revolution) they have a wider tapered seat than the standard nuts so the contact area is better.

Worth having the centre caps with the black/silver finish as they match nicely ;)

• Like 2