Flywheel Help

Binnacle-ZA

Hello All

Doing a Auto to manual conversion on my A Series Manta.

Cannot find a flywheel for the original 1.9l engine anywhere. (I'm in South Africa, Mantas are rarer than Hen's teeth here.)

Are there any other cars I could get a flywheel off that would bolt up to the engine?

I'm going to be using the Getrag 240 if you need to know.

Hello All

Doing a Auto to manual conversion on my A Series Manta.

Cannot find a flywheel for the original 1.9l engine anywhere. (I'm in South Africa, Mantas are rarer than Hen's teeth here.)

Are there any other cars I could get a flywheel off that would bolt up to the engine?

I'm going to be using the Getrag 240 if you need to know.

You can use flywheels from any CIH type engine (event the 6 cyl ones). I believe that Opel Rekord was called Chevrolet Rekord in South Africa, and the E2 models used the 2,0 L CIH type engine (the old ones used an "iron duke"). That would be your best bet for a donor car (you can even fit the entire engine if you reuse you oilpan, enginemounts and oil pickup). thumbsup.gif

You can use flywheels from any CIH type engine (event the 6 cyl ones). I believe that Opel Rekord was called Chevrolet Rekord in South Africa, and the E2 models used the 2,0 L CIH type engine (the old ones used an "iron duke"). That would be your best bet for a donor car (you can even fit the entire engine if you reuse you oilpan, enginemounts and oil pickup). thumbsup.gif

Cool, many thanks. Yeah it was the Chevrolet Rekord originally, rebadged as an Opel some time later.

Cool, many thanks. Yeah it was the Chevrolet Rekord originally, rebadged as an Opel some time later.

Right but you need the late models with the Opel engines. Should be easy to recognize as the engine looks exaclty the same as the 1,9 you have in your manta :) As said the old ones used an iron duke from Chevrolet so this can not be used. Also everything else you need enginewise can be found here (water pumps, oil pump, gaskets etc )

Happy hunting thumbsup.gif

Edited by monzta