4Ha Rear Axle

steel

hello,

Dont know if you have an A or a B Manta but if it is an A you need the axle off a Scimitar 5A, for a B you need the Scimitar 6.

I may have a 5 axle available shortly and will be in south Wales on 13th August , doing the Neath Stages. If your interested let me know

Regards

Ian

going to throw this open ime after fitting coil overs to my manta coupe with a 4ha axle so what coil overs do i need to be looking for i am led to believe you cant get coilovers for a manta so ime assuming theyre for another car that happens to fit a manta any ideas

Universal coilovers can be bought in pretty much any length with the correct loop bottom and stem top fitting you would need. Once the axle is fitted just measure the open and closed lengths (between mounting points. I'm not sure if the damper turret on the car needs to be modified.. retro power would be the guys to answer that one.

going to throw this open ime after fitting coil overs to my manta coupe with a 4ha axle so what coil overs do i need to be looking for i am led to believe you cant get coilovers for a manta so ime assuming theyre for another car that happens to fit a manta any ideas

Check out AVO coilovers. I bought a pair for the rear suspension a i put on the moggy minor i'm doing. Compared to spax coilovers they are defo superior for the money. All you need do is, as stated in another reply, measure your open and closed distances for the length of the coilover. With AVO you can tell them if you want bolt through ends or the pin type like the mnta is as std. All the bushes are smilar to Superflex type but you can have them fitted with spherical bearings.

Depending on where you fit your coilovers you may have to do some calcs to get the right spring rate, if you mount behind the axle the leverage changes compared to std setup.

HTH

Chris