Manta Mods

mantaboy89

Does anyone know if theres any advantage to disconnecting the water pipes from the intake on a gte lump, also was wondering whether larger injectors would benefit it, was thinking of using 2.2 Carlton or 2.4 frontera injectors, does anyone know if they are easy to fit to a gte manifold?

Hi Mantaboy

Well there seems to be devided oppinions around the subject of disconnecting the water to the throttle body. I have always done it as i know that the colder intake air you can get, the more power you will get. Others say that if you do this your engine will create more dirt in the cumbustion than before ?

But again, i have always done it on my cars , and i have never experienced any problems.

Regarding the injectors, those are easy enough to change but i wouldnt bother. Only thing they will do is bring more fuel to the engine (maybe) but the air will be the same. Air/fuel mixture will get fatter.

If you are looking at doing some good mod´s to the intake you should consider sizing up the throttle body, as this mod will give you just a tad more power. You may be able to use one from an old BMW (they also use the Bosch injection), or you can buy one from a tuning shop?

If this is all stranded on the issue that you want more power i wouldnt do anything to the injection at all. There´s a reason why Opel never used the Bosch injection for racing :) I would go with either a sportscam (+10-20hp) or go with a set of Webers or Dellorto carbs (40mm will give you aprox +10bhp). The best would be to do both conversions, and this will have your engine producing 140-150bhp with no problems at all !

Edited by monzta

Does anyone know if theres any advantage to disconnecting the water pipes from the intake on a gte lump, also was wondering whether larger injectors would benefit it, was thinking of using 2.2 Carlton or 2.4 frontera injectors, does anyone know if they are easy to fit to a gte manifold?

2.2 carlton injectors are the same as 2.0 ones

you will get more power from changing your plugs/leads and giving it a tune up ( filter etc) than messing about with injectors.

If you want a cheap power up, fit a cone filter to the air flow meter using a pug 205 bosch AFM adaptor and add a variable fuel regulator to the injection fuel outlet.

I did that to my mancona and it used to go like fook and spit flames out of the exhaust :lol:

Thread for filter

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/28396-sport-filter/

then add a http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FSE-adjustable-fuel-regulator-and-gauge-/180702107382?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a12af56f6#ht_500wt_949

to the fuel return line on the manifold and remove the standard FPR

Wind up the pressure on the new FPR and the injectors will spray more every time they open.

I'll guarantee bore wash and a dead engine after 12 months if you want flames like my mancona but hey it was fun B)

The only thing that happens if the injectors give more fuel is that you screw you air/fuel mixture up = bad for your plugs, engine will become very dirty, and yes it will propably go dead in 6 months time mellow.gif

Lots of better options out there for the quick, cheap, easy to DIY bhp