Price Guide?

cavalier

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about buying a very good condition MK1 Cavalier Coupe, only downside being that its an auto. Just wanted to know what is a fair price for it? What sort of price have any gone for recently?

Many thanks

Frazer

not always a downside being an auto as they tend have never been thrashed and maybe in good condition..

Take my saloon, is near mint, and I think its valued well, not many 33year old cars with 34k miles for under a grand..

But I'm sure like most things, they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay, i was prepared to pay what i did for mine, alas I could really do with the cash hence being up for sale again.. @ £950 ovvno

Edited by lawsy

There have been a few Cavalier coupes that have come up for sale in the last couple of years but not many. There was a really nice green auto advertised on here a while back for £2k, a tatty looking one on ebay that had been sat in a garage for 20 years and somehow made £1200, a red one up in Scotland that had also sat in a garage for years but I can't remember what it made, one that used to belong to a member on here was modded with a 2.2 engine amongst other things, which I think he sold for about £2300, and a rotter that ended up being banger raced which sold for about £150.

Generally they're cheaper than the equivalent Manta, but it's hard to put a value on one without actually seeing the car, as they really don't come up for sale often.

Hi

Don't let it being an Auto put you off unless it's a 1600 :)

A cav coupe in good condition 1.9 auto is worth about £1500 max IMO.

Plus any Manta or Cav coupe auto is now becoming a rare species.

Its not by any chance the P reg green one for sale in the Peterborough area is it ;)

DSCF0011.jpg

Hi

Don't let it being an Auto put you off unless it's a 1600 :)

A cav coupe in good condition 1.9 auto is worth about £1500 max IMO.

Plus any Manta or Cav coupe auto is now becoming a rare species.

Its not by any chance the P reg green one for sale in the Peterborough area is it ;)

DSCF0011.jpg

I bought my Cav up in Scotland nearly two years ago, it's a 1976 1.9 Auto, I thought twice about buying an Auto, but I've got so used to it now, in fact it's brilliant, stick it in drive and just leave it there until I come to my destination, very seldom do I touch the handbrake! As for value I can take it to either of two interested parties in Kidwelly alone and get two Grand for it, one of them told me I could have his wife in part exchange :lol: As was said earlier, It is worth what the buyer wants to pay for it.

Edited by Julian

I nearly bought that car myself, it was only because the 1976 Manta auto i now own came up for sale that i decided not to view the Cav Coupe.

Spoke to the guy selling it who at the time wanted £2000 i said the maximum i was prepared to offer vwas £1500 if the condition as described was accurate.

Does the car now have a new MOT as i believe it was due to run out in June 2011 when i enquired about the car.

Don't buy the car if your looking to make a quick profit as you probably won't.

I think its a lovely genuine car that needs a good home & please leave it standard as early Cav & Manta coupes are now a rare sight.

Here's the Manta i bought instead of the Cav Coupe your now after.

manta.jpg

The seller sent me these pics of the Cav Coupe including the few known minor problems which inlcuded a small amount of rust on the bottom of one door, a split in the stitching at the top of the rear seat & some cracks to the top of one door trim.

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Many thanks for the extra pictures! Exactly the same faults he told me about. I have no intention of buying it to make a quick profit, nor customising it for that matter. I intend to keep it, enjoy it, and as and when I can sort out the few minor things that need doing. It looks even better than I thought in those pictures. You can't beat the MK1 Cavalier in my opinion esp the coupe. Thanks once again.

That looks like a nice Cav Coupe that doesn't need too much work. What colour green is that? A little darker than my Manta. Mine was Pistachio green originally, but I think during a respray about 10 years or so ago, it got made ever so slightly lighter. Anyway, here's a pic for you to compare:-

P1010275.jpg

Hope you get it, keep it standard and it enjoy it as much as I do my Manta mate.

Dave

Edited by smiffy220

One day hopefully i'll get to see both the Cav Coupe in this thread & your Pistachio Green Manta B Dave that looks stunning.

Billing 2012 anyone :)

Any way time for bed now as i'am going to Total Vauxhall Live @ Castle Combe racetrack on Saturday with the Manta & some Mates from the SW including a 1978 Ascona, a 1986 Manta i200 & a 1985 Manta 400R.

As seen in this pic from Billing 2011

Billing%2525202011%252520Stradacab%252520being%252520rude.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave