Uprated Cih Timing Chain By Reynolds

vauxsenb

I have sourced a supplier for a high quality timing chain which comes with a rivet link (NOT SPRING LINK) and after a year (!!!) of waiting REYNOLDS have finally supplied me their SYNERGY chain made to the correct specification for any of the CIH motors.

My engine builder refused to fit a standard chain with the split-link on the grounds of the motor going to be revved a fair bit so wanted to reduce the chance of it letting go, the search ended when Reynolds agreed to make one from scratch, these are the same folks that make the chains for the Moto GP bikes so the quality is assured.

The chain retails @£31.16 per foot and rivet links @ £8.55ea :blink: however through contacts within the company I can get it for around £23 per foot and the rivet links for around a fiver(ish). Post and Packing on top of this and I will post to anywhere in UK and Europe if required (once I have established postal costs) Oh,and cleared funds 1st of course :D

So, any interest to you folks . . . . . .????

cheers, Colin.

EDIT, Should also have said, the CIH requires about 3 feet of chain so equates to around £69 compared to the normal chocolate quality replacements @ £58 (ref; Andy Clears) These SYNERGY chains will also be supplied cut to the correct length :thumbup

Edited by vauxsenb

I have sourced a supplier for a high quality timing chain which comes with a rivet link (NOT SPRING LINK) and after a year (!!!) of waiting REYNOLDS have finally supplied me their SYNERGY chain made to the correct specification for any of the CIH motors.

My engine builder refused to fit a standard chain with the split-link on the grounds of the motor going to be revved a fair bit so wanted to reduce the chance of it letting go, the search ended when Reynolds agreed to make one from scratch, these are the same folks that make the chains for the Moto GP bikes so the quality is assured.

The chain retails @£31.16 per foot and rivet links @ £8.55ea :blink: however through contacts within the company I can get it for around £23 per foot and the rivet links for around a fiver(ish). Post and Packing on top of this and I will post to anywhere in UK and Europe if required (once I have established postal costs) Oh,and cleared funds 1st of course :D

So, any interest to you folks . . . . . .????

cheers, Colin.

Might be interested in one or two but not at the moment. Never had a problem with the split link chains, asked the question to the guy who does my engine machining and he reckoned theres no reason to have a problem with a split link. He does work for RB Motorsport (the skyline tuners) and also work on engines destined for bikes for TT and superbike classes so knows his stuff.

I've revved my motors to 7500 with no probs at all but may want to go further with the next engine so will prob get one off you for that when the time comes. Good sourcing though :thumbup glad to see that some people haven't given up on the CIH motors.

Cheers

Chris

I am interested as long as it comes ready to fit...

Hi Pete,

Yes, can do :) I can bribe my mechanic to have the rivet link fitted to the chain but this does mean it's then an endless chain. Is this what you want? P.M. me with your postcode and I can find out the P+P cost for you.

cheers, Colin.

Hi Pete,

Yes, can do :) I can bribe my mechanic to have the rivet link fitted to the chain but this does mean it's then an endless chain. Is this what you want? P.M. me with your postcode and I can find out the P+P cost for you.

cheers, Colin.

Thats how i would want mine!!!!

Cheers

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

:D Right chaps, 2 uprated chains ready for supply, please specify if you require an extra link on the length and whether, or not, you want the rivet link fitted. Both at no extra cost :thumbup

Also 1 brand new and un-used std replacement chain for sale, £50 plus P+P.

cheers chaps, Colin.

EDIT; I should also add, the ref I made to our parts guru Andy Clears in the original posting edit was meant to be used only as a price guide and and his own comment on the quality of some aftermarket parts, NOT a slur on his superb parts sourcing abilities or the products he retails. Keep up the good work Andy :thumbup

Edited by vauxsenb