1979 Manta 2.0 Srb Auto

yorkshirelad

A mate sent me details of this, but its way too far for me. I'm posting this from my phone so can't make a link. Google Motorhog, then click on salvage auctions. Use their search to find opel cars and this should be the only one that comes up. I'll try to put a link to it when I get in from work tonight. A low mileage example that looks in good fettle for the money.

:) hay just brought it. its had three owners last one since 1983 an old lady its done 26000 miles.its good under nieth but some one has put arches on it going to pull them off.its even got mot until next feb. might paint it then sell it any intrest message me.blue manta 123

If underside ok well worth saving not many aroond 2 slotter auto. love thi seat cover real retro stuff. :)

35364_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Glad someone saved this one, cant be many two slot hatches still around, i can think of three others off hand, a shappire Blue one once own by Steve Grundy, the red one Clive Armstrong had (did like that one alot) and one addvertised for sale in, i think, Doncaster a year or two ago.

Glad someone saved this one, cant be many two slot hatches still around, i can think of three others off hand, a shappire Blue one once own by Steve Grundy, the red one Clive Armstrong had (did like that one alot) and one addvertised for sale in, i think, Doncaster a year or two ago.

Tell you what Mantaman, I'd have loved to have kept that car, it was possibly the tidiest Manta I'd ever bought, and had been the first Manta for approx 12 years that I had bought that you could put the key in and drive without the need of months of work.

Would love another old B hatch, there is a certain charm about them.

Mine wasn't Sapphire Blue (that was the Sports Hatch), it was and still is Turquoise. If I ever get an injection of cash I'll get it back on the road.

Mantahatch.jpg

I didn't know you'd got one of these Steve! I thought you were Manta A, through and through. How about selling the reg number to someone called Kev and using the money to pay for the restoration?

The plate was up for sale when the car was on the road (6 years ago, amazing how time flies), but the only offer I got was for a couple of hundred. It isn't worth selling for that, and can't be sold now til the car is taxed and tested. I'd like the plate to stay with it now anyway.