Manta 400 Turbo Project

mickappy

cheers mate, low turbo for now. hoping to uprate when run in and ive got more money.

but for now its going to be a low turbo. not thought about there not been alot of room:(

the cross members looking great now its nearly built. well worth the the money:)

Don't panic it all fits, its just nasty to work on!

Re. colour.....no idea! Difficult one!

Red FTW :thumbup

Some impressive work going on, just one thing......

Looks like you know what you're doing but are those seat bars up to the job just being welded at the ends like that? normally they have spreader/reinforcing plates where they attach to the body.

another busy weekend:) the cars had 2 coats of high build primer.
i will be flattening most of next week.
will be painting the underside next weekend. along with all the nuts n crannys.

e7000ee2.jpg

03509bba.jpg

6bcf90f7.jpg

63f3dec3.jpg

b00c9602.jpg

top coat soooooon:) ferrari red with black revo wheels with a polished rim.

now for beer and a chicken tikka masala:)

Edited by mickappy

bought myself an extractor fan a new deviliss finishing gun and a nice heater. its getting done in 4 stages. engine bay. roof. back quarters n valance. then front wings and bumper.

my garage is getting turned in to a booth for a few week. not ideal but no other option if im wanting it done by june.

bought myself an extractor fan a new deviliss finishing gun and a nice heater. its getting done in 4 stages. engine bay. roof. back quarters n valance. then front wings and bumper.

my garage is getting turned in to a booth for a few week. not ideal but no other option if im wanting it done by june.

Sounds like a plan!

Get yourself a bit of "tacky booth coat" from your paint supplier, line the walls with plastic and spray em with the tacky stuff, and the floor too. As above, keep the floor well wetted.

Extractor can be a mixed blessing. Means you can see what you are doing, and helps with the finish by moving some of the overspray, but when we used to use our old "tent" setup, because you create negative pressure with the extractor, it dries to pull dirt in from everywhere. If you seal it up, it just generates vacuum and can't extract. Its a tricky one, its why proper booths use and "in" fan and an "out" fan, which you balance to set the pressure in the booth.

You'll be alright in stints on the basecoat without extract as long as you wear an airfed mask, and you might get away with the lacquer without it too if you keep the areas fairly small. The overspray will dull the finish but it will flat out ok.