Manta 400 Turbo Project

mickappy

Cool, ps best wait till it warms up a little bit, and get the paint at least as warm as the car it's going onto. Hope all goes well, all looking good so far!

warmths not a problem :) its like an oven when i stick the heater on and put the floodlights on i have in each corner of the garage:)))

Nice one MIck and going against the White 400 crowd too ;):):lol:B)

it was a hard choice mate... i do love a nice crisp white 400... but like u say there a few about...

anyways a bit more progress tonight,, ive flattened the roof n back quarters and also the enginebay.

bring on the red:) ohhhh shite valentines tomorrow:( thats a day lost, gotta take the wife to be out n wine n dine her..

been ill most of this week and not really been arsed to do owt:(

back at it this weekend tho:)

ef632c18.jpg

8b6ae323.jpg

94595d49.jpg

as it is now the roof is done and masked off so in engine bay.
back quarters and rear valance next. the result with the paint is excellent:)
preperation is key :D :D :D :D

Edited by mickappy

Heck Mick, just how damn good is that looking.....

Red does suit the Manta so well, bet you can't wait to see the arches painted and fitted.

Also...... Nice to see you paid attention to detail and took the time to fill the drilling dimples/spots and coil mounting holes on the inner wing, times I've seen this area overlooked, every little bit smoothed/removed is one less thing for the eye to pick up on and adds to an overall better picture on the finished item.

A superb thread mate :):thumbup

Yup have to agree,,,,ive just read this thread from start to finish today and its absolutey fantastic effort,,,,,really looking forward to seeing this manta in the flesh,,,,,one of the best ever deffo,,,,,,,,good luck with getting her over the finish line mick,,,,,,,,,,,

just keep plodding away:) i dont really get that much time onit really. with training and running my work and 3 kids:) but the time i do get i make the most off. cheers clive n craig for comments. many peaple dont notice the small things like that clive:)

just had a mare with the back quarters. found 2 very slight dints. its amazing what you find when u put shiney paint on:(

glad i saw em now b4 i laquered. hope to have it sorted tonite.

This is coming along brilliant and at a good pace :) . I have never been a great red colour car lover, but this is going to be awesome, soooooooooo looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. :thumbup

Keep up the good work Mick, you keep me going on those dark days, along with the other rebuilds. I wish I could keep my thread upto date :blink::ph34r::rolleyes:

Rob

cheers dan. fast hardener mate.

right been doin the rear quarters all week this is where am at now..
this is after flattening and still needs to be polished.. im very happy today :D
371e40c4.jpg

82612470.jpg

front wings are now back on and ready to paint next week

Edited by mickappy