Te2800 For Racing ?

monzta

Hi guys. I want to post this question here as i know that one of the OMOC members compete in Rally with a TE2800 (replica or genuine?).

The problem is of course that the 1000 cars needed for homologation was never made, so how do you go around that ? How do you get racing historic racing without the homologation papers ? Do you use some prototype rules or ??? What documentation exist of the TE2800´s actually competeing back in the 70´s ?

Cheers guys..

Hi Monzta,

I'm the other half of the TE2800.

Under our Historic rally regs we can use any car or tuning bits that were available and used for that car during the build period. The hrcr regs that Ian quoted are a rewrite of the specification that I wrote for the HRCR.

With regard to racing, here in Britain I can only find one series that allows non homologated cars, The Classic Touring Car Racing Club, Subzero/ Wolf Classic Thunder series. You can go on their site and download the regs. However if your based in Denmark sorry I dont know.

As far as if the cars were used in racing, go into TE2800 and numerous sites will come up including period pictures of Manta A's racing in there own series, ( Zolder i think ). There are also sites that list tuning gear available during the period including 3700cc engines!, Steinmetz i believe.

Hope this has been of some help and if you do decide to build one lets us know, we may be able to help you find some documentation to help.

Regards

John

hello again,

Sorry to be an anorack but i've found another one. The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloon Championship run by the SMRC would seem to fit the bill. Its based on production cars, no min number, and basically allows period modification that were available on the car within the period. Sounds just right for a TE.

Regards

John

Hello John and Ian.

To make a short story long rolleyes.gif

I am currently renovating and rebuilding my Brothers A series car. But he has another A series from Germany in pretty good condition that he has been planning to use for Historic track racing here in Denmark.

The rules are quite simple, we need a homologation certificate when the car is prestented to the technicians so the car can get its own and final certificate (it´s called a car-book here where all data regarding the car is listed, and every time you compete you get a note in the book about the competition, what place you finished etc).

However the TE does not have a homologation certificate. BUT as this is historic racing there are some loop holes in the regulations. If you can prove that the car actually has been competing in historic races (like the Zolder 24H where the TE competed) you can get a special certificate for that specific car from FIA technicians, that will review the material i can find, and then decide if the car is worth having on the racetrack.

So what i need is all the information regarding the car as a historic track racer, what races it competed in (official list) and as much photo material as i can get.

Regarding the original car specifications, i have the luck to have a friend that actually own an original and driving TE2800 wich he imported from Belgium 3 years ago. The car is in mint condition and it is 90% original (there has been some changes to the exhaust and the interior like seats and roll cage). So i have all the information that i need, except historic proof that the car did compete, when it competed, and who drove it etc.

So anything you guys have could certainly help :)

We will be competing in the 2500 - xxxx CCM class wich means that we will be racing against Mustangs, De Tomaso´s and alot of Porsche 911´s and a single Commodore B Coupe..

Hope you can help us out :)

Hi Monzta,

I have found a site http://www.hms.dk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9250@

Historisk Motor Sport Danmark, Manglade homologringcettest.pa bil ?? by Rudel with a photograph of racing TE2800 at Zolder in 1974 if this is any good. If you cannot find this PM me an e mail address an i will try to forward it on to you

Regards

John

Edited by doveyte2800

Ha ha ha that is my post, and the name is Ruben :) I have been asking around on HMS (historic motor sport) what to do when i dont have a homologation certificate, and that is why i am looking for info on the car. So i have posted the pic you link to :) he he thumbsup.gif

Would be great to know who was racing that car, and at what race it was, i have been looking at that racing database on the web but i have no hits for a TE2800, and cannot find anything when looking at races at SPA or ZOLDER during the first half of the 70´s... :(

So still need some documentation that the car did indeed race back in the day...

Hi Ruben,

Guess the jokes on me.

I have one last suggestion, for the moment,. Vic Heylen ( Mr TE ) now is a consultant to the Flanders Centre for Automotive Research. If you wrote to him at their address, sorry you'll have to find that, they might past your letter on. If anybody knows about TE2800's its got to be him.

Regards

John

Hi Ruben,

Guess the jokes on me.

I have one last suggestion, for the moment,. Vic Heylen ( Mr TE ) now is a consultant to the Flanders Centre for Automotive Research. If you wrote to him at their address, sorry you'll have to find that, they might past your letter on. If anybody knows about TE2800's its got to be him.

Regards

John

Damn i thought he would be dead and gone by now. That is perfect! Thankyou very much.thumbsup.gif