Manta Coupe Wanted

nickmanta

Hi to you all, i'm new to all this but it seems a good place to start :). i'm looking for a manta coupe to make a 400 replica (always liked them when out watching the rallying )

I .... err "stupidly" sold my chevette after hearing some devistating personal news, which after a lot of surgery and a bit of radio therapy it turning out ok :lol:. So i'm after the car i should have got years ago.

I'm not to worried about condition or colour, i'v had a bit of practice a welder and a spray gun ;). I'm thinking of putting in a red top so engine is no great thing either, a rolling shell would be ok, but really quite open minded

I live in South Wales, so obviously the closer the better but would travel for a good deal. I've a few grand for the whole project and if any one has some of the parts i could do with going spare they would be appreasiated and advice is always welcome :huh:

Thanks for reading

Nick

Fuzznag rally have the perfect donor car for a rally 400 replica. It's already got the 400 bonnet, 3 piece rear wing, fibreglass doors, red top on 48 dellortos, LSD, straight cut box, cage, rally intercom, heated screen etc. The bodywork needs stripping back to bare metal but that's why it's ideal as a donor car because you will be replacing things like the wings and bumpers anyway. Also it's a non-sunroof coupe so no worries about rot in the roof! Speak to Gavin and tell him that Alan Forster recommended contacting him. It really is ideal especially if you want the full-on rally experience. Worth considering anyway.

Regards

Aln

another manta in s wales soon ,good to hear.. ime in aberdare if you need a hand with anything gis a shout :thumbup

Thanks for the offer and your not to far away as i'm in caerphilly :)

Fuzznag rally have the perfect donor car for a rally 400 replica. It's already got the 400 bonnet, 3 piece rear wingibreglass doors, red top on 48 dellortos, LSD, straight cut box, cage, rally intercom, heated screen etc. The bodywork needs stripping back to bare metal but that's why it's ideal as a donor car because you will be replacing things like the wings and bumpers anyway. Also it's a non-sunroof coupe so no worries about rot in the roof! Speak to Gavin and tell him that Alan Forster recommended contacting him. It really is ideal especially if you want the full-on rally experience. Worth considering anyway.

Regards

Aln

Thanks for the heads up Aln, but i'm after a road car not a full on rally :( wasn't that one on ebay a while ago ??.

hi, is that this Saturday, and what time ?? Nick

Tredegar House show is on Sunday 18th September,

There should be about 8 of us there from the SWales section of OMOC, if you can make it come & join us.

Here's a pic from our lot from last years show.

Image118.jpg

• 4 weeks later...