My New Manta

ltcone

hi there every one just got hold of a real good find 1985 b reg opel manta 18s berlinetta 48,000 miles from new it is a coupe with out sun roof, dry stored since 2001 i have had some paint work done to it ,and it looks like new the car has all the orignal panels and the floor has not been welded i have changed the wheels to 15" just to give it that retro look and it dose it proud although i have keeped the old wheels to go with the car , i have also had the seats retrimed as there was some fag burns in the drivers seat and rear seat now i have just about finshed the car it just needs decors which i have coming next week , dose any one no what a car like this is worth as i do not no how to value it thanks daren

hi there every one just got hold of a real good find 1985 b reg opel manta 18s berlinetta 48,000 miles from new it is a coupe with out sun roof, dry stored since 2001 i have had some paint work done to it ,and it looks like new the car has all the orignal panels and the floor has not been welded i have changed the wheels to 15" just to give it that retro look and it dose it proud although i have keeped the old wheels to go with the car , i have also had the seats retrimed as there was some fag burns in the drivers seat and rear seat now i have just about finshed the car it just needs decors which i have coming next week , dose any one no what a car like this is worth as i do not no how to value it thanks daren

Photos Daren, WE want to see photos please! It sounds like you have a nice car there. Welcome to the Club.

You HAVE to keep this standard, it's too easy to modify our cars, I know I will find it hard, but like someone else said, originality holds value. If you want a fast car, buy something else to molester!!! Or buy another that's already been 'tweaked'.....

Your car, your call. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I know I always personally appreciate an original car, they're just so rare nowadays. I've had both in the past but now original is the future for me! Well, something that can easily be ''re-standardised'' (if that's a word) in the future must be OK, surely.