2.2 Injection

Shug

I have nothing in the way of injection parts. When I bought the engine, it was just the bare engine.

So I guess I'd need manifold, injectors, throttle body, injection loom, maf?, ecu and errr, anything else thats needed!

I do have r1's.

They're shite, a waste of money and wish I'd never bothered.

I have nothing in the way of injection parts. When I bought the engine, it was just the bare engine.

So I guess I'd need manifold, injectors, throttle body, injection loom, maf?, ecu and errr, anything else thats needed!

I do have r1's.

They're shite, a waste of money and wish I'd never bothered.

Whats wrong with the carbs? Considered using them myself. Rang Bogg bros a few years ago abouta set for the race motors, they had their reservations saying that the R1 carbs would be too small for my setup. They reckoned that i would need 2 bikes sets of carbs from a thunderace twin to match what i had already (twin 48,s, 40 chokes). Got a feeling that because the carbs are bike carbs they are more suited to high revvy motors (16v), but the CIH is a torquey motor so maybe the design of the carb doesn't suit it. The combustion chamber design is similar to the big yankee motors (5.7 chevy) so a lot of work is needed to get them even close to a more modern designs.

Think i have a few 2.2 bits tho, pretty sure i've got a good ECU but i'll need to dig it out.

Chris