Bosch Distributor Manta A

chewy

hello all, right i am feed up i have a 1.9 manta a and would love to convert it to a bosch distributor at the mo its a delco remy and there is no eletronic convertion kit for it. looking at others out there the engine is the same its all the same just mines got a silly french distributor on it.... please help

Hi there,

I done the exact same thing with mine, but I was lucky and was given a bosch dizzy free. I bought one of those electronic conversion kits of ebay. you could always try german ebay they tend to have more bits but can cost a bit more too also I think that I saw an ac delco conversion kit on the American ebay when I was serching for one for mine (ebay.com)

Good luck Ray. :thumbup

hello all, right i am feed up i have a 1.9 manta a and would love to convert it to a bosch distributor at the mo its a delco remy and there is no eletronic convertion kit for it. looking at others out there the engine is the same its all the same just mines got a silly french distributor on it.... please help

Have you tried H & H ignition solutions, they will prob be able to sort you something.

Chris

the IDEALdistributor for this will be a bosch electronic one from a 1982-1986 vauxhall carlton 2 litre carburretted car.the 1.9 & 2 littre one listed the same distributor advance curves etc. these will be very hard to source now.maybee german ebay. the next best bet & one which will be more or less correct will be from a 2 littre manta gte. the settings were slightly different on carb & injection cars but should work ok. other members will have done this & could possibly comment on this. in either case you will need the matching coil,control box & mini wiring loom.