Manta A Help Wanted

If anyone out there has a track rod bar (rear axel) and a pair of upper control arms that they dont want and are going to bin them or ones that the bushes are so far gone that they need changing or there not going to use them, please can i have the inner sleeves for the bushes on the end of the track rod that fits to the body and the rear upper control arm sleeves please. Im happy to pay for someones time to remove them and post to me if you have any?

You know how it is with manta's, you take bits apart and put them in a safe place ready to put back together in a couple of weeks and when you get round to doing it a couple of years later :-) you cant find the safe place where you put them!!

Im doing poly bushing all round and have everything sorted apart from being able to fine the track rod inners and the rear upper arm inner sleeves.

If anyone can help it would be great as i cant fit the front suspension until i can get these and have looked every where :-(

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just the metal sleeves you are after or did you want the track rod bar(I assume you mean the panhard rod goes from side to side) and suspension arms?

Might have a couple metal sleeves left spare after I polybushed my manta (and somehow ended up with spare polybushes!) but cant check til the weekend. Panhard rod I have was accidently bent by digger but the bushes are still in it.

Hey Shug

Paul with the V8 A series has the upper control arms so im sorted there for those ones. But the bent panhard bar is just what im after. I have poly bushed it and when i came to fit it after wrestling the axel back in, i found out that the inner sleeve is missing :-( so the axel is just hanging around under the car on blocks. Its a bit like your bumper mounts, im sure i have put it in a nice safe place :-)

So if you could just cut the inner sleeve out that would be great, its the last bit now thats stopping me putting the axel back in it.

let me know what you want for it and i will pop a cheque in the post.

Andy

I only managed to find onepanhard rod sleeve. Must have needed the other.

Have some others but they are imperial and too small for panhard rod (only needs opened out a tiny bit but outer diameter is smaller. Might be able to make one from an old bolt..

Its the end that fits to the body that im after.

i cant remember how an original one looks now! but the bushing i have only needs a sleeve that end as the other end that fits the axel goes onto a large bolt so dont think it even had a sleeve? not sure as took mine apart years ago.

What is it you have?

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, just the one sleeve. checked on mine.

Also found another sleeve which I think is for the lower suspension arm. (judging by the size)

Andy, are you still after these sleeves? Still to send you cheque for the brackets so let me know if you want the sleeves as well and I'll send them with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Shug

Did you get my message? im still after the sleeve if you have it. Been a bit busy sorting the engine and fuel tank at the moment but need to get the suspension finished off so i can get the car back on the ground to do all the brakes and fuel as im running it through the car.

Thanks Andy

Hey Shug

Did you get my message? im still after the sleeve if you have it. Been a bit busy sorting the engine and fuel tank at the moment but need to get the suspension finished off so i can get the car back on the ground to do all the brakes and fuel as im running it through the car.

Thanks Andy

Just noticed it now actually. Never noticed the wee green '1' until I saw this post! I'll get it sorted this evenin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Shug

The package arrived today! thanks

Now i can get on and finish the rear suspension before the winter sets in!

How are you getting on with your project?

Andy

Collapsed just before the finish line. Trying to muster the energy to get back up again! Just need to sort out brakes (servo dodgy) and it should get through the MOT hopefully.

hey thats not bad, as anything manta always takes twice as long to sort out!

Your further along than me :-) did hope to get mine back onto the ground so i could start working on the brakes and fuel stuff, but just thought i would do a quick repair on the chassis leg, and now im having to replace quite a bit on both legs!

still im sure i will get there at some point. Did hope i might make it up to billing next year! lets hope its not a cold winter as the garage is not that warm :-)

Andy

Edited by 611

• 2 months later...

Is it just the metal sleeves you are after or did you want the track rod bar(I assume you mean the panhard rod goes from side to side) and suspension arms?

Might have a couple metal sleeves left spare after I polybushed my manta (and somehow ended up with spare polybushes!) but cant check til the weekend. Panhard rod I have was accidently bent by digger but the bushes are still in it.

Shug

Can i ask, how easy was it to find polybushes for your A series, did you by a kit or individuals also what was the cost if you dont mind me asking.

Regards

Ant

Bought them from opel gt source in california. I forget the cost, but there was only vat to be paid, no duty, at this end (plus royal mails 'admin fee')

I know it wouldn't be Cheap, do they have a website?

p.s sorry 611 for hijacking your thread

Hey Ant

No problem for hijaking the thread!

Have a look at this place as well.

http://www.splendidparts.de/kaufhaus_2/index.php?languageid=2

Got a gearbox mount and some other bits from them and they do lots of the polly stuff as well. They were nice and quick with deliver, Opel GT are great for help but it takes a bit longer to get them :-)

All mine is poly apaft from the one the the chassis on the front.

If your interested www.theopelproject.com

Andy

Hey Shug

All the back suspension is in now (thanks to your sleeve :-), i get the chassis repair bits next week so thats the front sorted and just managed to find a 2.4 Frontera lump :-) so some nice engine mods coming along soon!

Andy

No problem. Just something i setup as i thought it was a good idea to keep a record of what i was doing to the car.

Its just a word press blog with a little change to the standard template.

Andy