Opel Manta 1974 Advice Please?

regaladojasmine

Hello Im an Opel manta lover! I first fell in love with the 1974 opel manta that stood in front of my aunts home....And I know they are hard cars to find! Or either expensive. At least for me its been hard. And so finally I found one for sale at 1,500....I thought great!&its automaticcc-30-138small.jpghttp://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cc-30-138small.jpg

It looks just like this one except the paint is not as shiny. I honestly do not care,I want this opel to be my project....But the family thinks otherwards. My mom & brother dont want me to get the car because they said Im wasting my money and Its going to be expensive to fix. Im easily led on so am I makeing a good choice? what should I do?

I called the man today and were going to check out the car,he says the brakes dont really work and that when he started it,it started to leak....Also in the picture it looks a bit rusty .....? what should I do I REALLY WANT A OPEL MANTA :(

Hi and welcome, where are you based about as it would be worth your while to maby find a club member who is local to you and would go with you and see the `A` Series to have a look over.

Check out all the areas that tend to rust out basically and see if worth while spending time and money on. And all depending on how deep yur pockets are.

cheers rab.

Hi and welcome, where are you based about as it would be worth your while to maby find a club member who is local to you and would go with you and see the `A` Series to have a look over.

Check out all the areas that tend to rust out basically and see if worth while spending time and money on. And all depending on how deep yur pockets are.

cheers rab.

Gee thanks! but guess what I got the car. And I will take your advice and find a local manta owner who can take a look at it.

The brakes need fixing,it turns on but leaks....

But yeah thank you ;)

What part of the country do you come from ? If you are around the Coventry area then I could come and have a look at it for you.

Have a good look through the project section on this forum and it will give you a good idia of the areas that may need attention.

Engine and other macanical parts are not too hard to find but body parts will cost you and will more than lickly need to come from Germany adding more cost for postage.

Does your car have the same BIG bumbers as the one in your pic? if so then it looks like you have an US spec car as those bumbers were not fitted to Euro spec cars.

If you do keep the car then I would reccomend that you join the club, as there is a welth of information in the members section of the forum and you will soon recover the £25 membership fee in parts and advice.

Good luck and please keep us all posted on how you get on.

Hope to see you at a club event some time in the future.