Hatch On Trailor Heading North A9 Dunblane

I sold it nearly a year ago, I bought it n did alot of work to it, brakes, wiring, replaced te petrol tank sorted the engine etc etc. mostly just surface rust. Very good condition compared to the coupe im building just now. Dont know what the new owner did to it, i had the digi dash in it. All the electrics were good.

The guy who i got it from bit my hand off to buy it from me then had it for sale again not long after. Was also Mclung's on here, if u search the early for sale ad's ul find it. Paul mclung. :thumbup

thanks for the update... atleast i know not to bother checking the tank for the petrol smell coming outa it... down to lines and injector hoses then.

When you put the digi dash in, did it all work correctly?? its in the boot and if it all worked im tempted to put it back in to see if the fuel gauge works... save a lot of wire tracing etc.

The body work has suffered since you had it... passenger wing has filler and rust coming through, the n/s rear quarter is rotten through (now fillered so i can use it),

Atleast i know it has been in the club so it has been cared for in its time.... just have to take time and figure out what im going to do with it now.... make it original, make it fun... or just make it wild... do like the idea of a 3litre 24v lump in it

thanks for the update... atleast i know not to bother checking the tank for the petrol smell coming outa it... down to lines and injector hoses then.

When you put the digi dash in, did it all work correctly?? its in the boot and if it all worked im tempted to put it back in to see if the fuel gauge works... save a lot of wire tracing etc.

The body work has suffered since you had it... passenger wing has filler and rust coming through, the n/s rear quarter is rotten through (now fillered so i can use it),

Atleast i know it has been in the club so it has been cared for in its time.... just have to take time and figure out what im going to do with it now.... make it original, make it fun... or just make it wild... do like the idea of a 3litre 24v lump in it

24v ready to fit in sitting in garage,was fitted in my manta

colin

think there is a how to do somewhere on forum,maybe in members part?

engine fits gte g/box,alter crossmember engine mounts, alter f/crossmember,few other bits,some wiring,all here,obviously slightly more than that ,but u get the idea

it is a big engine,got a carlton 24v,manta used to walk away from it, sounds awesome, but restoring manta, so 24v setup surplus

colin

The digi dash was the best i could find, the transducer might still be in the gearbox if ur lucky, if the speedo aint workin than this is a tell tale sign as it may not be there. It handled really nicely as it had avo shocks on it. I used it all the time as it was great fun. Never let me down. I'd like to see it with a red top in, in my opinion the big six's are too heavy.

• 3 weeks later...