Opel Manta A-1974

regaladojasmine

So yesterday I bought my first car! Im 19teen and Ive always wanted one. They are hard to find! and out of no where I got the idea to check craigslist and there was only one for sale at 1,500$ He said it turned on and ran and is automatic. My eyes lit up since the timing was just perfect! I had the money so I called him right away because I know offers like that go quick! and when i say quick i mean QUICK! Haha JACK POT!!

So when I got there he told me it wasnt in driving conditions,It turns on and runs but it leaks,and the brakes need fixing. I still bought it anyway but for 1,000$ tow truck included ;)

m4.jpg

manta.jpg

:D I am so happy I finally have a Manta,my dream car. I SAVED A MANTA!:lol:

Now I have a lot of work to do to get it up and running.I also want to fix up the interior,Im hopeing this car will do me good. I live in California and there is an "Opel Manta Enthusiast Club" up in Rialto. Their mission statement is to repair all Opels left. They sell parts and do work on Opels....So I hope I can get there help. But right now I think I need someone to come over and take a look at it since It turns on and off,I dont think I could drive it to a shop let alone all the way to Rialto!

Anyone reside in Cali?

Edited by regaladojasmine

Drop CalCol (Nick)on the forum a PM, he lives in California, LA I think, and will be able to give you lots of advice and put you in touch with some good pepole over there.

Well done and good luck. :thumbup

Ps. Sorry but I just hate those US fenders, they just don't look nice at all. :(

Haha Neither do I! In a couple of months I'll be able to fix the aesthetic side of my manta. New bumpers(the nicer ones),paint job(Im going to keep the mustard color) I like how the yellow matched the tan interior.

I need a window and some other things,But first part is to get it safe for driving!

THANKS GUYS :thumbup My family was not supportive at all,they just dont see the beauty in it like we do B)

Edited by regaladojasmine

Hi there, thats one good A series you have got yourself, looks as if it could be all but rust free and to put it into perspective for the UK readers of this thread, just done an exchange rate check and you bought the Manta and got it delivered for £658!!! everyone in the UK will now turn green with envoy!

Your best contact in California is Nick & jo Webb, send a pm via this site to calcol, he not only has Manta's (& other Opels) but has many european contacts for parts and travels regulary to the UK and europe, so if he cant help you dirrectly he's sure to know a man who can.

I saw that on craigslist too. I am english but now live in San diego. I was building an A-series manta but have put the project on hold for now. Chcek it out here http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/25206-my-new-a-series-project/

Ive had mantas for the last 20 years so know lots about them. If youre local and need help or advice contact me.

Edited by h0tr0dder_uk