Bit Of A Long Shot, But You Never Know...

during the late 80's/ early 90's, my dad had 2 manta's & ever since, ive been wondering what happened to them are they sat rotting in someones garden, are they biscuit tins & coke cans now & so on. so... does anybody know these cars or know anything about them. the first was A770WTL. a red GT/E hatch

6148145285_8cbc3212f0.jpg

and the other was D252EVN a monaco blue exclusive GT/E hatch.

6148696608_d160a5a6e7.jpg

6148146787_aeacedcc24.jpg

6148697470_f365370c3e.jpg

yes thats me stood with it age 6 i think :D there's also this which some of you may be interested in.

6148696138_d6a7f68663.jpg

it was an ascona 2.0s. he said it was a run out one with a few irmscher goodies thrown in like that front splitter. he had that before the manta's & its what he had when i was born in '84

i seriously doubt any of them are known of but id love to know, good or bad. plus its some nearly new pics for you all to see

Do an vehicle enquiry with the DVLA

See here

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/?pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry

EG

Date of Liability 01 05 1990

Date of First Registration 04 08 1981

Year of Manufacture 1981

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1979CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BRONZE

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

Ascona last taxed 1990- Proably long dead I'm afraid.

in all fairness im pretty confident that theyre gone. but just wondered if anyone else had owned them over the years or had them for parts. you never know, someone could have a stash of photos of them... even in their final days. the red one was the car that got me into cars as a kid. a vehicle check on that one just says info cannot be found.

• 2 months later...

I owned D252EVN in 1996/7 and was in pretty good condition when I sold it. Unfortunately it was written off by the next owner :(

wow. i honestly didnt think anybody would have had it as it was so long ago. shame about it getting written off though. i always hoped to find it one day, even though i knew i wouldnt lol. i think my dad got rid in 1992 iirc. the last i saw of it was maybe 93/94 as it stayed local to me for a while, all that changed in that time was it lost the black oval tailpipe & had a standard bendy down one. then never saw it again. i dont suppose you happen to have any photo's of it by any chance do you?

Edited by smithy84