Manta 400 Project.

opelscott22

Just had a refresh look through the thread, Full credit to you mate, it's come a long way and your doing it right so it's going to be a stunning motor when it's done. Would be interested to know how many hours you have put into it, I thnk I am up at about 2500hrs on mine and I am well behind where you are now.

Discovered a wee issue last night. The passenger wing fouls the door when its half open, would eventually srape the paint off. not clever.

So last night was, wing off, attack the offending area with a dremel, (ouch!) and repaint the edge of the wing....

i havent been into the garage yet today to check the mess!!

• Like 1

Thanks Kev!

Well after waiting nearly 6 months to get my engine crane back Ive given in and bought another! Never lend out tools....

Managed to get the engine in on my own though, only chipped a wee bit off paint but it easily touched up. Glad to finally have it in!

When I get back to it Ill be finishing the wiring, then onto fuel lines then exhaust so I can fire it up!

Looking forward to that day!

IMG_19501_zpsb221102c.jpg

IMG_1970_zps2116b45b.jpg

IMG_1974_zpse135502e.jpg

IMG_1975_zps31cd99ee.jpg

IMG_1977_zps937972ca.jpg

• Like 11

Ive not been wasting my time offshore, made this gearknob for he car from a piece of nylon stock, perfect!

Ive got a gopro camera to play with now, heres a pic of the garage, fisheye lens gives an idea of the space, its tight in there! (not exactly tidy either, oops!)

Scott.

IMG_2020_zps780aca7a.jpg

IMG_2004_zps425294ee.jpg

• Like 1

regarding the spoiler issue, chris renolds has a genuine 400 fiberglass one on his prototype 400 and from what i remember it fitted straight on and looks and fits right but finding another is impossible although chris has a spare ;). but they fit perfect from what i remember

• Like 1

Id love to get hold of a good fiberglass one, Ill keep buying lotto tickets though, more luck with that I think!!

I thought I had done well finding the original unused 400 one, didnt see that issue coming!!!

Never mind, even if it has to stay the car will go just as well with the wonky spoiler....

:)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking the dugs dooo dah's Scott, You seem to be getting there with it. I bought another one for spares if you are needing anything, The problem being its a hatch but some things may be of use to you.

• Like 1