A Series Throttle Cable And Steering Gaiters

Mantney

Hello All, No joy in the ask Andy section, can anyone here help?

I am looking for a throttle cable for a 73 A series with a 1.9s engine and a weber carb do you think i could get one or can anyone recomend a good universal alternative?

I'm also after a pair of steering gaiter / bellows for the same car.

Also less urgently required for my A series a complete carpet and original seats (front and back with runners).

Regards

Anthony

Edited by Mantney

Hi there, i used a universal throttle cable on my a series, bought one about meters long as i have a weber carb on mine so ran it over the front of the engine to save having any tight bends in it, bought it off a company on ebay along with a carb rebuild kit (sorry cant remember who they where now) should be able to use a pair of universal gators from any car spares shop, cant help with seats sorry ,

Hello All, No joy in the ask Andy section, can anyone here help?

I am looking for a throttle cable for a 73 A series with a 1.9s engine and a weber carb do you think i could get one or can anyone recomend a good universal alternative?

I'm also after a pair of steering gaiter / bellows for the same car.

Also less urgently required for my A series a complete carpet and original seats (front and back with runners).

Regards

Anthony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/items/__universal+throttle+cables_W0QQ_dmdZ2?rvr_id=266632183781&clk_rvr_id=266632183781&crlp=2158017997_284591_284611&UA=WXI8&GUID=3b225af11320a47a0963e6e3ff55c02e&agid=517301911&tm_kw=universal+throttle+cables&siteid=3&MT_ID=11&tt_encode=raw&keyword=universal+throttle+cables&geo_id=21&ff4=284591_284611 or you can try VENHILL CABLES http://www.venhill.co.uk/

Edited by Julian

• 1 year later...

did you find a cable that worked in the end?

jack

Hello Jack,

I did get one off Mark Kinnon, I think his user name on here may be beaker. But you can contact him through www.markkinnon.com

It wasn't an original, I haven't used it yet but it looks right. He may have another or be able to point you in the right direction.

You can also get some universal kits off ebay that come with an assortment of fittings from a company called venhill. I don't know what they are like as Mark came back to me with his. If he hadn't I may have taken a punt on one of the 9 quid kits.

Good luck

Ant

• 2 weeks later...