Manta B Chrome Bumpers.

right, attension those with detailed knowledge, i have a question...

ARE THESE CAV/MANTA BUMPERS?

I ask because i believe all Cav/Manta chrome bunpers had a black rubbing strip along them which when not fitted leaves a flat are with clip holes.

ARE THESE CHEVETTE BUMPERS?

The shape of both bumpers is about the same (angled front,straight rear) but Chevette's didn't have the black rubbing strip.

They look like Cav/Manta ones to me, only the rear's out of the packaging but I can see a flat area with thin slots in it for the clips that hold the rubber trim on.

EDIT: Looking at it again I'm not sure the rear one would be right for the Cav, as it's got the hole in the top for the number plate light. The plate was above the bumper on the Manta, but Cavs had the number plate below the bumper so used a number plate light attached to the rear panel behind the bumper. I assume you'd get away with just turning the rear bumper upside down, it'd just leave you with a big hole on the underside!

Edited by spiney_norman

They look like Cav/Manta ones to me, only the rear's out of the packaging but I can see a flat area with thin slots in it for the clips that hold the rubber trim on.

EDIT: Looking at it again I'm not sure the rear one would be right for the Cav, as it's got the hole in the top for the number plate light. The plate was above the bumper on the Manta, but Cavs had the number plate below the bumper so used a number plate light attached to the rear panel behind the bumper. I assume you'd get away with just turning the rear bumper upside down, it'd just leave you with a big hole on the underside!

Rear one is definitely MANTA, saving the pic and enlarging it the slots, as you state for the rubbing strake are plain to see, also the holes for the rubber overriders. I wouldn't like to make a guess on the front one though, but imagine that they are a pair.

Edited by Julian