Manta B Auto Gearbox Sump Cover

Scribe of Lincoln

Does anybody have a sump cover for a 3 speed automatic gearbox that they want to part with? A new one would be fantastic, but an undamaged used one would do. This is the oblong steel dished plate that bolts on to the bottom of the gearbox.

Also does anybody have a spare auto gearbox sump gasket please.

Both of the above are to fit a Manta B Auto B)

Many thanks,

Scribe

Anybody?

A couple of months ago someone on here was taking a knackered auto box out and converting to manual, but I don't remember who it was, you maybe able to hunt around the forum and find him, wheather he kept the box, or not, I don't know.

A couple of months ago someone on here was taking a knackered auto box out and converting to manual, but I don't remember who it was, you maybe able to hunt around the forum and find him, wheather he kept the box, or not, I don't know.

Thanks Julian,

I think I'm going to end up cleaning off the extra sealant that the garage put round the new seal when they fitted it. I think it would have been better off without it! :rolleyes:

one thing to note..i spent a long long time trying to cure a leaking sump on my carlton box. new gaskets,sealer etc but it wouldnt stop. in the end it wasnt the sump after all but the KICKDOWN CABLE.these tend to crack the outer plastic casing & leak oil down to run around the sump pan lip. cables are not available but you could always remove it & sleeve it.