1981 Cavalier 1600Gl, £600, South Wales - Sold

spiney_norman

Decided it might be time to let this one go. Only bought it back in March because it was very local to me and a nice low mileage car, but now I could do with the funds to get my Cavalier coupe sorted over the winter.

2011-08-17114444.jpg

2011-08-17114458.jpg

2011-08-17114511.jpg

32k miles from new, interior in very good condition apart from some colour fading and the usual cracked dash top. Engine runs beautifully on the original Solex carb, which looks to have had a manual choke conversion fitted which doesn't actually work. It's always started without the choke though, so I've never looked into it further! Completely original car except one switch on the dashboard that a previous owner added when the button on the indicator stalk for the windscreen washers stopped working. I've treated it to a new water pump and replaced the clutch with a good second hand one I had in stock.

MOTd til August next year (only advisory was that a couple of brake pipes looked old) and taxed til the end of February. I've been using it daily all the way through September with no major problems to report except that it did snap two fan belts, think that was just because they were slightly too big though as it's been fine for the last couple of weeks.

The original Rostyles come with it, they still have the original Michelin tyres on with loads of tread, but being 30 years old I wouldn't drive on them. They hold air if you wanted to use them to put it on a trailer or something. For an extra £100 I'll chuck the steel wheels in the boot and leave the BMW 14" alloys on it, which have decent tyres with plenty of life left in them.

Any questions feel free to ask. I'm looking for around £1000 for it, which is pretty much what it owes me. It's taxed and tested, drive it away!

Edited by spiney_norman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Price now dropped, £750 or make me a sensible offer! Tax is being cashed in on Monday as my insurance runs out then, I can leave it on there for an extra £50 if you want to sort your own insurance and drive it away very soon!

Edited by spiney_norman

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I can see the swan necks have never been touched and never needed it. It's all solid and MOTd til next August. The front wing's slightly off colour as is the rear quarter the same side, the paint's blistered on the roof and bootlid too. I'd recommend coming for a look at it if you're anywhere nearby, it's a sound car which I ran around daily with no problems, just some cosmetic bits that could do with sorting!

• 2 weeks later...