Head Lights

Manta again

I'd try the earth wires in the engine bay etc. Every Manta iv had has weird wiring, check the connections are clean against bare metal. Same for the relay next to the fusebox, its mostly just trial n error cant give a definitive answer as im not sure what the standard setup is as things r fixed n bodged over the years etc etc.

If full beam works when you pull the indicator arm (to flash the lights) then the wiring, and bulb are ok

Its possibly a faulty light switch in the dash.

To check pull the headlight switch from the dash and get a voltmeter out.

Find the power into the switch then turn to sidelights and find which other wire then has power.

Then turn to dip and see if one of the remianing wires is then live, if not you have a dodgy switch.

If you do get a wire that becomes live on dip the switch is working and the problem is further down the line.

Follow that coloured wire to the next connection and see if there is still voltage.

Continue doing this until the voltage disapears, whatever the thing is between having voltage in the wire and not having voltage is faulty

Might be a connection/ relay/ fuse box etc etc

I'd bet on the switch if your headlights work on flash, and if you need one and don't have a spare PM me your address and i'll send you one :thumbup

power from the headlight switch in position 2 goes to the dip/main stalk.check you have power going in .ive know these to have a broken lead ( one lead off will give no lights in position 2 but flash will work & sidelights will work ok).normal square headlamp types have no relays its all fed throu switches

power from the headlight switch in position 2 goes to the dip/main stalk.check you have power going in .ive know these to have a broken lead ( one lead off will give no lights in position 2 but flash will work & sidelights will work ok).normal square headlamp types have no relays its all fed throu switches

I had that same problem with my 1979 Manta Coupe, and as far as I can remember the fault was a relay ( that must have been in the Headlamp cicuit) that was situated next to the fuse box, I may be wrong, as this was nearly 20 years ago!! but I'm almost sure that there were two relays situated there, and that car had square headlamps, not very good lights though!!

Edited by Julian

isnt there a dimmer relay in the passeger kick panel that stops the lights from working full power with only ignition on ? ....its a rather big black box relay i think ....never seen one tho :unsure:

these go a bit faulty and stop it all working compleatly . just a simple unplug it ,bin it , and agro is no more .