Vauxhall Centaur 1979 Metalic Blue

funkyG

Hi from Worcester Park, Surrey UK

I have had my metalic blue Centaur for over thirty years, it's been garaged for the last 15 years and I'm now going to try to get it road worthy again, so any help would be appreciated. I have got it running (by adding petrol directly into the carb) and it sounds great but I have a fuel starvation problem which I have traced back to the fuel line between the pump and the tank. I took off the fuel hose from the fuel pump and no fuel is coming from the tank to the fuel pump? I do have fuel in the tank as I put in 5 litres before testing. I've free up all of the wheels and the brakes seem to work fine. I appreciate that I am going to have to do a lot of work, stripping down many parts to make sure everything is safe but I am looking forwards to doing most of the work myself with help from qualified mechanics as and when required.

So I look forwards to talking to many people who might be able to give me some advice when required. I will try and post pictures as and when I can.

Hear from you all very soon, hopefully!

:thumbup

Edited by funkyG