Headlight Wiring Problems

taylorblue5

Having trouble with my headlights, a pain as im nearing the end of my project.

They all switch on, sidelights, main beam and full beam, Even the buzzer works although when switched off the sidelights stay on unless the locally earthed connector is pulled, then the main beam lights instead!!! GRRR.

I have some pics of my wiring il post below, Im hoping there is a simple solution as i cant be bothered stripping back the loom. Pics below.

28102011499-1.jpg

28102011499-1.jpg

28102011498-1.jpg

This is the current wiring, there isone extra wire that cant be conected. there is also a box i cant identify.

28102011502.jpg

Wiring is everywhere, lots of taped up ends, iv found a RELAY box marked "hella" so i expect this could be involved.

Could someone please shed light on my problem and post me a pic of a working wiring setup.

• Like 1

Try unplugging that Black relay and then your lights should work ok and switch off normally. Those relays are a pain in the arse and are always going wrong. You can just leave the relay unplugged, your car doesn't need it. My old E reg GTE did the same thing....... Luke.

Iv gone out to try them, plugged them in, re attached all earths n they now work, pulled the relay afer n they still work. If they dont work in the dry then il know its a silly earthing problem.

The only thing is, at no point do all 4 lights illuminate together? on my last Manta they did so im assuming its a fault? Any input guys?

Crazy stuff, never really noticed this until I bought my current Manta. All 4 stay on when I pull the full beam on on my F plater (pictured below - first one ever to in my possession!), but on E36 GRN (my old white exclusive) they always swapped over when the full beam come on (as you now know Scott!). Same set up on the one I have before that which was why I fitted a seperate switch on the dash to put the full beam on so all 4 come on when required. I thought there was something not right on my Monaco blue car but am not complaining!

Hope you sort it Scott. I'm still coming up on the 12th and 13th.......

GAZ

• 1 year later...