The Te2800 To Live Again?

doveyte2800

Following our shunt on the Cambrian Rally we have bought another shell from member 'Manta again'( yes its his orange one on his site) which appears to be solid in all the right places. Some work has been carried out to the shell be we need to strip it to basics and build it up to historic spec. At this time were still debating whether to go back down the 6 cyl route or keep to right hand drive and use a big bore 4cyl CIH. We need to establish what we can use from the MSA to keep it legal.

When we have taken stock we need to start making a list of parts needed, and parts that are surplus, possible 3ltr engine and Getrag box, so get sorting thro your A stuff, we might need you.

Image0020.jpg

08102011684.jpg

08102011683.jpg

08102011685.jpg

Following our shunt on the Cambrian Rally we have bought another shell from member 'Manta again'( yes its his orange one on his site) which appears to be solid in all the right places. Some work has been carried out to the shell be we need to strip it to basics and build it up to historic spec. At this time were still debating whether to go back down the 6 cyl route or keep to right hand drive and use a big bore 4cyl CIH. We need to establish what we can use from the MSA to keep it legal.

When we have taken stock we need to start making a list of parts needed, and parts that are surplus, possible 3ltr engine and Getrag box, so get sorting thro your A stuff, we might need you.

Image0020.jpg

08102011684.jpg

08102011683.jpg

08102011685.jpg

If i remember correctly, if you want to use a 4 cyl block it has to have the correct spec of block in the car. ie early 2.0s blocks had an opel logo on them, where the later blocks had GM on them. Your motor would need to have an opel marked block. Got the info off Dave jackson who does hillclimb/sprints so is covered by the same MSA rules.

Seem a bit picky to me though!!

Shame to see the car like that!!!

Hope your up n running soon.

Cheers

Chris

Ian,

That Engine that Barney bought off me, for his Cavalier Coupe, is one of those 2.0S Blocks. Have a look and see if the Opel badge is on it. This engine was built by John Noble and has been lightened and balanced. It also had different pistons, a Kent cam, solid lifters and a ported and polished head. On standard GTE injection and with an Ashley exhaust it was 120BHP at the wheels.....Luke.

Oh Ian,

I saw those photos and wanted to cry!

I am glad you have managed to source a new shell and are now starting to re-build.

Charlie has some A parts in our garage, so drop us a line if there is anything you need and we will see if we have it!

Good luck with the re-build!

Fiona.thumbsup.gif