Manta B

peter evans

I have one that will be heading to e-bay shortly with a few other rally/race parts

The quaife one is just a rack shaft and pinion kit that you have to fit to a rack casing, and looks like this

QSF3B_0.jpg

At £120 its like all quaife stuff, over priced but well made.

I have one that will be heading to e-bay shortly with a few other rally/race parts

The quaife one is just a rack shaft and pinion kit that you have to fit to a rack casing, and looks like this

QSF3B_0.jpg

At £120 its like all quaife stuff, over priced but well made.

Have you fitted one of these kits yet? What type of Universal joint did you use at the bottom as the Manta's one doesn't reach far enough onto the pinion gear to let you get the 8mm Pinch bolt through? Oh... and my LHD kit took four months to turn up from Quaife...... It's still not fitted to the Ascona yet as I now need a LHD 24mm steering rack casing . ( apparently there's two different sizes of steering rack , 22mm and 24mm and Quaife never mentioned this when I ordered their kit ) I'll not be buying anything from Quaife again.... Luke.

Yes i have a quaife one fitted in my car, they had them on the shelf when i ordered mine but there were no instructions with it then either.

Mine has a manta top u/j at the bottom, don't remember a problem with it reaching but that was several years ago now.

I'll try to get a look at it sometime and see if it jogs my memory a bit about how i did it.

Yes i have a quaife one fitted in my car, they had them on the shelf when i ordered mine but there were no instructions with it then either.

Mine has a manta top u/j at the bottom, don't remember a problem with it reaching but that was several years ago now.

I'll try to get a look at it sometime and see if it jogs my memory a bit about how i did it.

My RHD Manta also has one of these kits fitted and uses another Manta's U.J at the bottom. This all reaches ok, it's just the Ascona's LHD one that doesn't reach. Strange eh?.... Luke.