Megamanta On Ebay

Whatever happened to him!

I remember seeing that car in 06, it was there the first couple of years at Billing when I got back into the scene. That kind of car isn't my thing but I was impressed with the work that went into it and have nostalgic memories of it!

Good to see it again.. :thumbup

wow cant believe its for sale!. Seriously though do we really think its going to make that money i understand the work etc but cant see it going anywhere near that. Dan

Trying to get my head around it as well Danny seen it once at Billing a few years back, but not tax, mot so not road legal and over 30k. It will take a special person to buy it.

I met Nick last year at a show in Essex. He came up to me to talk about my Manta, and told me about Mega Manta and some of his other creations. I think he's quite into customising vans now, I went to see his recently acquired 70's Chevy Van with lots of custom mods, so maybe Mega Manta is being sold to pay for his new passion in vans.

Nice guy though and his vehicles are no doubt worth every penny. Out of my league though.

Could just be for publicity, the more you read the add the more you think no one that sane would spend 30,000 plus when u read comments like.

roof is bare metaled as was going to convert it to none sunroof,

car is not tax or tested

car is running but will need a service as standing 4 yrs

So the car does not even look like it did in the pictures, lol all kidding aside if someone said here you go M8 I bet he would be laughing all the way to the bank :)

, I wonder if it's on a Q plate? If not its not road legal even with t&t. I saw this at billing 2006 and it was looking ruff then. If you had that sort of cash for a car why would u buy this. I'm struggling to see what it is? A road car? A show car or drag car??? An interesting car for 3k TOPS

^^^^^Exactly

For that kind of money I'd want something road legal.

Also be curious what it would take to get it back on the road now with the sva/biva regs, guessing more than an afternoons work

Chris, You'd just need to get it through an Mot to get it on the road. There's no " Is it modified? " box to tick on the MOT yet. ..... Luke.

Chris, You'd just need to get it through an Mot to get it on the road. There's no " Is it modified? " box to tick on the MOT yet. ..... Luke.

True but thats coming very soon if EU gets their way and NO way on this planet would a modified shell like that get through, but taking into account the roof is bare metal as the sunroof is rotted, the roof skin needs removed, no small job if u every tackled one, then a new roof fitted, car resprayed (£££££) and thats just for starters before any other rust is tackled, then the car serviced/ Mot , sure is cheap as chips at 30k plus ............. I'd be going to Simon Peckham any day with that sort of money and would have something bespoke built in mint condition from the ground up and still have a few thousand left over for drunken Billing binges :D . Blimey its more expensive than a Mint 400 :D

christ thats way way too much for that car. As others have said it was looking a bit rough round the edges 5-6 years ago, and I can't say I have ever heard it running either. Lots of work gone in to it, but that does not mean you are ever going to get it back financially. As said there has been some mint 400's gone for less. Personally I always thought the cop car he had was a better looking beasty, wonder where that is now?

oh well for what its worth this is my take on it?

i think most manta owners are in a locked time warp situation,eg im 50 yrs old but when it comes to talking about that era opel manta coupes were the bollocks i had one E680WVR,also just before his era i went through the two stroke era x7,rds etc,so we remember the motors the way they were,dont we,this said this guy has but his heart and soul + a fair bit of dosh into this motor,would i want it hell no not even if it were 1500 bucks,its hard out there and i cant honestly see it selling,but one has to say good luck m8 as i think youl need it

steve

Edited by steve price