Rear Wheel Bearings

biffy1984

Hi, who can supply rear wheel bearings to fit a b series 1.8 axle? My local motor factors are pretty hopeless tbh when it comes to older stuff so a hell of a lot easier to ask on here. I did a quick google search and found these http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/autoparts.aspx?dept=339&MakeID=84&ModelID=259&CarID=1284

Can anybody recommend anywhere else who can do the bearings with shims and gaskets?

thanks

Peter.

Sorry mate but your link takes you to the Manta front bearings, (Same as Nova, corsa rear bearings) Going back to 2001 I paid about £45.00 from the cheapest Motor Factors in Leicester for Manta rear bearings, but I have seen them crop up on Ebay frequently at good prices, Will need fitting via a press. It has been the only job I've ever asked a garage to do for me.

1.8 and 2.0 will have the same bearings :thumbup

Thanks guys, I've not looked at the link properly! Thats ok, I'm in no desperation so I'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay and the like. I did hope they would just tap onto the shafts but we have a big press at work and it should be high enough to get the halfshafts in :)

I'm going to redrill the halfshafts to 4x108 so thought I might as well stick new bearings in while i'm at it.

Cheers guys.

Well, I went into my local motor factors this morning just for the crack and apparently their supplier doesn't have them in stock but can supply them at £17 each. Hmm, wouldn't be the first time I've ordered from them and something completely different has turned up but we'll see. I did make sure he ordered rear ones and not fronts!

Cheers

Peter.

Never got the part number but the boy did say they were no longer available forn Quinten Hazell but the cross refrence came up with another manufacturer so just have to wait and see what turns up. I'll not hold my breath put it that way...

The bearings I ordered havn't come in yet so hopefully be here tomorrow or friday. If they are right then great, if not pretty stuck, hoping to get the shafts machined this weekend and stick them in maybe next week. I'll let you know when they arrive.

cheers.

No, leaving the stud holes and threading to take 14mm x 1.5 (audi) wheel bolts instead of studs and welding up the 2 big holes, machine the faces flat and drill and tap to 12 x 1.5 wheel bolts at 4x108. Meaning I will have a choice of either 4x100 or 4x108 using bolts instead of having to drive out the studs. Will give me a bit more variety when choosing which wheels to go for if I decide to change again.

Thing is I have 4 7.5 inch wheels at the moment and just got 2 9 inch ones for the back but they are 4x108. Seems like a bit of a carry on but should be good when it's done.

Cheers

Peter.

Edited by biffy1984

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a bit of a frap they came back to me and said they can't supply bearings for the 1.8/2 litre axle, bloody typical.

Anyway, while rummaging around in the back of my tranny minibus store today I found a bag of various GM bits and pieces, carb repair kits, some filters, upper and lower front ball joints and a pair of back wheel bearing kits with plates and gaskets :)

Can anybody tell me if these are the right thing, I'm pretty sure they are but better check.

GM number on the bearing kit box is 90019086

GM number on the actual bearing box is 03455435

SKF number on bearing is 361914C

Thanks

Peter.