Manta B Hot Starting Problem

i have just bought this gte exclusive when its cold it starts fine but drive it a mile and switch it off ,try and start it 5 miutes later and no go.

good spark at the plugs and there seems to be fuel presure at the injectors but it will only restart when it completly cold ,it dosent seem to matter how far you drive it .

it is turning over fine and even after you have cranked it over for a couple of minutes the spark plugs are completly dry with no sign of fuel any help thanks simon

First guess when first reading was that the temperature sensor for the Injection system was failing leaving the ECU thinking that every start was a cold start and throwing too much petrol in when hot, but reading further down this maybe not the case. However if you have a Haynes and a Multi Meter, all the resistance parameters are in there to check over the sensors to exclude them from being any potential problem area.

Just noticed you are in Leicestershire 33019, Whereabouts are you?

Edited by opel2000

now seems very reluctant to start at all occasionally fires up for verying amouts of time,bit of easy start and starts fine so rules out anything ignition. frustrating day bridged out both main wires on fuel pump relay no differance,changed fuel pump for a spare still no go

.im in newbold verdon the car is in shackerstone

Have you tried changing the fuel injection relay that sits on the driver's side inner wing towards the front? My old GTE went through a phase of dying on me when it was hot and it took me ages to trace the cause down to the fuel injection relay, having changed the fuel pump, coil and lots of other bits.

Failing that, give it a good kicking and swear at it, that may work. Even if it doesn't you'll feel much better.

• 3 weeks later...

fixed it, it was the fuel pump relay once i got hold of a manual i realied that shorting out the relay with it removed was never going to work,just to make shure i ran it untill warm and when woundnt start bridged fuse 5 and 6 out as suggeted by some body else as get you home fix fired straight up.

i then decided to a have a look at the relay as it was buggered any way so carefully cut the sealer away and prised it open after a good look i noticed the solder around the micro relay was cracked soldered it up done 200 miles over xmas.

so if any body has any faulty relays it might be worth a look.

thanks for your help simon