Manta B Coupe Solid Roof

i2000

You don't need a Coupe roof as many will lead you to believe, Just get a hatch roof cut off from the B post forward, Its the exact same contour as the coupe, Chop the Coupe sunroof out plus about 25mm all round. Cut the same area from the Hatch roof plus an extra 10mm all round , joggle the 10mm edge and spot weld it in bit by bit, lead fill the joints and Job done. I done it on 4 cars and its a easy fix compared to changing a whole roof skin. You also need a couple of the non sunroof bars to tack in.

have fun :)

Edited by Robbie

You don't need a Coupe roof as many will lead you to believe, Just get a hatch roof cut off from the B post forward, Its the exact same contour as the coupe, Chop the Coupe sunroof out plus about 25mm all round. Cut the same area from the Hatch roof plus an extra 10mm all round , joggle the 10mm edge and spot weld it in bit by bit, lead fill the joints and Job done. I done it on 4 cars and its a easy fix compared to changing a whole roof skin. You also need a couple of the non sunroof bars to tack in.

have fun :)

That has just doubled the value of a hatch roof anyone has lying around :thumbup

lol Kev on the value of the hatch roof skins. I hope it does not shoot the price of them up as there should be loads out there. I mentioned it in the post so that if people where scraping a car they may chop out the required piece. Its important to chop the hatch roof in the exact same place. Easy enough done though.

Once the piece is chopped from the hatch and the sunroof out of the coupe. Set the hatch skin on top of the coupe and position it measurement wise exactly where it came out of the hatch. Just use a measuring tape on both roofs. The draw around the inside of the car on the coupe, lift of the hatch skin and add that 10mm extra for the joggle edge.

Edited by Robbie

• 2 weeks later...

hi,thanks for the replies,i have now been given a clio sunroof whitch seems a very good fit and has the same profiles as the manta roof and even looks good on the car,its not really what i wanted and i will still keep looking for a solid roof.i have got to the stage of the project now where the roof was holding me up so at least this should get the car back on the road a bit sooner.