Inertia Belts For Ascona B Coupe

opelnz

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of inertia belts to replace the statics on my Commodore B, and I reckon the ones I had on my Ascona B would do the job. Not sure if they were the same on all coupes (mine was 1981/SR) but the belt was attached to a metal bar (with circular holes drilled in it) which was bolted at the floor end, and which sat down when the belt was not being used.

My Monza (and I think the later Mantas) has a bar attached to the floor at two places, which the belt loop slides along. I can't adapt the Commodore to that - not at this stage anyway.

Can anyone help with a pair in good or as new condition please? I've not got any pics, but I'm sure those with Ascona coupes will know what I mean.

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of inertia belts to replace the statics on my Commodore B, and I reckon the ones I had on my Ascona B would do the job. Not sure if they were the same on all coupes (mine was 1981/SR) but the belt was attached to a metal bar (with circular holes drilled in it) which was bolted at the floor end, and which sat down when the belt was not being used.

My Monza (and I think the later Mantas) has a bar attached to the floor at two places, which the belt loop slides along. I can't adapt the Commodore to that - not at this stage anyway.

Can anyone help with a pair in good or as new condition please? I've not got any pics, but I'm sure those with Ascona coupes will know what I mean.

The early Manta B, and the MK1 Cav also has that metal anchor bar fitted.

• this what your after?

its for a manta b models 53 58

001-72.jpg

Hi Alister, no, this is the later version for the Manta and also similar (same?) for Monza.

The earlier one had a metal bar which attached to the lower anchor point (about 12 inches forward of the B pillar), and the belt was attached to the other end of the bar. I presume the idea was that the weight of the bar made the seatbelt strap fold down when not in use, so passengers could get in the back without tripping over the belt attachment. It seemed to work like that anyway.

Thanks anyway. If I don't have any luck elsewhere, I might have to come back to you about these, but don't want to have to create a new anchor point in front of the rear seat squab as the compliance bods here are particularly picky about seatbelts.

I've got four in the garage somewhere, but no stalks,they came off a couple of Manta Bs, one was 1979 the other was 1976. I will go and dig them out later on today ( not a lot later, before 1700 as the rugby starts then!!!! ) and see if they are any good, so watch this space

PORK004.jpg

This is all I can find, they need a good cleaning, as you can see there are no fixing bolts with them, but they are in working order. If you can do anything with them you are welcome to them for a tenner posted, they are fairly heavy, if you decide you don't want them I will repay you the difference to the postage, which would be about the price of a pint!!

That's the ones! You say you have no centre stalks? Hmmm, I wonder if they would fit what is there already. I should be able to reuse the existing bolts

No sign of fraying, Julian?

Here is what is there already...

seatbelt.jpg

seatbelt3.jpg

seatbelt2.jpg

Edited by opelnz

The fittings look exctly the same, the stalks look different. If you want I will post them to you,( they are heavy mind) If they are of any use to you you can send me the postage plus a fiver, if not just send me the postage. one is perfect the other one is starting to fray, just gone fluffy like in the usual place, not broken. I'll leave it up to you, you tell me what you want to do. I admit it's a bit of a gamble due to the high postage.

Julian.

I'm tempted, Julian, but just not sure how much use they will be if I can't get the stalks to fit, since there seems to be a variety of stalks too....

..... ok then, if you don't mind, can you possibly get me a price to ship them to NZ and we can go from there. Airmail packet? I think max of 2kg/packet. Do you have a Paypal account, or I can send a sterling cheque from my UK bank account.

Cheers. Neville

admin@opelforum.org.nz

I wouldn't be tempted any longer if I were you mate, they weigh just under 3 kilos, and postage ( AIR MAIL ) will be I hope you are sitting down!! £61.00. far to much I think, even if I give them to you for nothing. Have another think Nev.

Damn! Sorry Julian, I've just logged on by chance, as I'm not getting notification of replies even though I have clicked on "follow the topic".

Hmm, individually, they will be a lot cheaper as the packet weight limit is 2kg. Would you mind getting a price to post them individually to NZ, or maybe the combined weight to a UK address where a friend will store them until I track down someone else who is travelling across to NZ! Sorry to impose on you further!