Rear Seat Belts For Manta B Coupe (In Black)

richm

Hi All,

I'm looking for a pair of GM inertia reel belts to fit into my early B coupe. Need to be in black, good condition, and obviously in good working order. Anyone got any they're willing to sell?

(I've already tried unsuccessfully to fit a pair of aftermarket belts, so looking for genuine GM items. Also I think the coupe reels are different to the hatch, so specifically needs to be for coupe).

Cheers... Rich

Hi OpelNZ, the ones i'm thinking of fit vertically inside the body cavity, just below c-pillar and feed up through a little slot at the edge of the parcel shelf. Not sure if they'd work if fitted on parcel shelf as they'd be horizontal.

The aftermarket ones i bought (but which don't fit correctly in the cavity) have little adjusters on the sides so they can work in any position - but I dont think these adjusters are on the normal GM items. If youre looking for sometihng to bolt onto the parcel shelf these aftermarket (Securon) units might do the trick. I was intending to return them, but let me know if you're interested - although if i dont manage to get any GM items i may have to keep the aftermarkets and find a way to drill some new holes into the body frame (preferably without puncturing the fuel tank with the drill :wacko: ).

Hopefully Opel2000 has the solution so i can avoid potential mayhem :) ...

Cheers,,, Rich

Hi Richm

Basically I found the set I was thinking of but they look like they may actually be for the hatchback, as the mount that goes onto the C pillar may be the identifying difference between the Coupe and the hatch, all i need to do now is to get the ladder in and get up into the attic to sort out what I have got up there.

I know I have 2 sets and I know for sure I retained a set for the coupe as I was going to be using them myself.

Apologies for delay on this.

Hi Opel2000,

No worries. thanks for sticking with it. For what its worth I know the coupe reels should be narrow at the top, and if there's 2 bolts on the reel (that go into the bodywork) then the thicker bolt should be at the top and the thinner one at the bottom.

Cheers... Rich

Hi, the '81 Ascona didn't have a slot in the rear shelf for seatbelts, so I was thinking the early (pre-'81) Manta coupe wouldn't have either?

If your belts are for later model Manta, Opel2000, then I would be interested in the Securon belts that you have, RichM, if you get what you need from Opel2000.... :D

Cheers... Neville

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to hassle... any joy with the attic Opel2000?

Or anyone else who may have a spare set of black GM rear belts for coupe?

Cash burning a hole in my pocket so i can get this sorted without having to resort to the drill :)

Cheers,,, Rich

I found a set of Ascona rear belts on Ebay a while back. They were like new, so I bought them. They sit on the parcel shelf and I drilled a hole up from underneath the shelf through two layers of metal, so as not to drill down into the fuel tank. They had all the mounting plates etc with them, so I fitted the plate underneath the shelf and then bolted them down through into the plate. I can't see them pulling through 2 metal layers of parcel shelf somehow. The eyes were there in the centre and edges to fit the buckle parts into etc. Seem to work fine and look ok. Could try the Ascona ones maybe if you can get them?

I found a set of Ascona rear belts on Ebay a while back. They were like new, so I bought them. They sit on the parcel shelf and I drilled a hole up from underneath the shelf through two layers of metal, so as not to drill down into the fuel tank. They had all the mounting plates etc with them, so I fitted the plate underneath the shelf and then bolted them down through into the plate. I can't see them pulling through 2 metal layers of parcel shelf somehow. The eyes were there in the centre and edges to fit the buckle parts into etc. Seem to work fine and look ok. Could try the Ascona ones maybe if you can get them?

Sounds like just what I was thinking of. Will keep looking.