Cold Start Help Manta 2.0 Inj

gsi marc

Just wondering if i could connect the cold start injector via a fuse to a push button switch inside the car has im having problems starting from cold has its not working off the starter checked eveything possible. When i removed the cold start injector it didnt work until i put direct power to it, Tried to start car this morning and just dosent fire but when i remove cold start injector and put some fuel through the injector hole car fires first time and runs ok any help much appreciated has its doing my head in thanks marc :huh:

Get the wires measured, also you could do with a BOSCH test to see if your ECU has any flaws. The injector seems to work, so the problem must be found in either the wirering or the ECU. You should be able to fit it to a switch inside the car, but its a bit "magoo" instead of getting it properly fixed :lol:

Thought the cold start injector is governed by the thermo time switch.

Cars usually flood when this fails and disconnecting it helps. Some people disconnect this and find cars still start in winter just take a little more cranking

Actually try the 2p trick if your car stalls once the fuel you put in through the hole is gone.