Manta Coupe. Cosworth Engine. Eps, 265, Hartges. Update July 2015

Hi Kevin. You made an instruction how to install esp from Carsa B into a Manta. I plan to do the same to my Ascona B. There was some images deleted so I cant understand the complete picture of the installation. Is it possible that you have the complete installation instruction for me? 🙂

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the underneath of the car is now stripped and ready for blasting. The redundant brackets have been removed and the spare wheel well cut out and prepped for the battery tray I want to match th

Some more bits bought and work continuing on the bottom of the shell.     Bosch lamda and bosses so I can run closed loop      New oil feed line  with filter to keep the turbo nice and healt

I forgot to update this with the work I have done on the axle.   4HA axle had the original mounts cut off it and I made a new set using some laser cut steel supplied by Andy Rutts.  Bottom bush is t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gunnar said:

Hi Kevin. You made an instruction how to install esp from Carsa B into a Manta. I plan to do the same to my Ascona B. There was some images deleted so I cant understand the complete picture of the installation. Is it possible that you have the complete installation instruction for me? 🙂

Join the club and there are threads in the members section with the relevant information 👍🏼

• 3 weeks later...

you don't want to rush this build Kev, you have only been doing it for 20 years so far. Just think all the ideas you had in 1999 are now well old! i bet even the radio is 'retro' now but on the plus side I have heard tapes are making a come back (no idea why)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I forgot to update this with the work I have done on the axle.  
4HA axle had the original mounts cut off it and I made a new set using some laser cut steel supplied by Andy Rutts.  Bottom bush is the original carlton one that’s going to be changed for poly flex. 
Top and bottom arms made to the same length as curts Ascona with measurements supplied by Nat at RP. 
Bottom pans are commodore and have rose joints at the end.  Upper ones are cut down scimitar ones with rose joints at the axle end. 
Axle positioned under the car and levelled with the car.  Side to side and up and down levels were set with plumb bobs, levels and angle levels and rack of the eye.  The top and bottom arms were set to make the top one slightly pointing toward a fictional centre point forward where the two axis would intercept around the engine.  The pinion angle is around 3 degrees up at ride height.  But with the rose joints on opposite ends of the axle this can be adjusted. 
Finding the centre of the car inside was quite difficult as we found the sides were not identical.  The centre was found and a laser used to set the cut guide.  Slots cut out and group 4 boxes set into place, ish. 
I wanted to retain a standard looking interior with a back seat as I don’t like the look of no back seat and I’ve a blitz interior to go into this.  So the box top height was set so a seat just fits ( foam removed to allow boxes to fit )
Car turned over and there’s a lot of box to trim off. I possibly could of made the boxes myself as most of the box has been cut away. 
Next is to remove some brackets from and old axle to put the billys on. Then look at the pan hard rod or using the watts linkage.  
then it’s all off again and sent to the axle builder to pit in the jag lsd and cwp of choice as I have a few ratios to choose from.  

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5