An Incredible And Original Opel Manta Gt/e With An Ultra-Low Mileage Of Just 17,686.

KGF1

NOW SOLD, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

An incredible and original Opel Manta GT/E with an ultra-low mileage of just 17,686.

EQUIPMENT

Safety crumple zones front and rear, remote control driver’s door mirror, deep front air spoiler, tailgate mounted spoiler, sill extensions in body-coloured plastic, rev counter, voltmeter, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, Recaro seats, three spoke padded sports steering wheel, push-button mono radio cassette player with three speakers, headlamps-on warning buzzer, quartz clock, front door pockets, illuminated glovebox, underbonnet lamp, laminated windscreen, bronze tinted glass all round, opening rear quarter windows, rectangular halogen headlamps, GT/E lettering.

EXTERIOR

This rare Manta GT/E is finished in the optional Anthracite Metallic paint, a choice of only three 2-coat Metallic colours at the time when new. Panel fit is excellent and there is absolutely no rust or corrosion on this vehicle making it an exception to the normal offerings. The vehicle has a deep shine but has had paint work which has flaws on close inspection with very slight colour mismatch and imperfections. The factory fit aerodynamic spoilers, mimicking the Manta 400, are all fitted and damage free. There are no scuffs on the bumpers but a few minor age related dings are present. A real head turner.

INTERIOR

A perfect and time warp interior. The fully reclining, body-hugging Recaro rally-style front seats are finished in the Black Daytona trim which are un-marked with no wear. A specially designed Opel branded seat cover will be included in the sale to keep the seats as new. The full sports instrumentation giving at-a-glance monitoring works impeccably. All the headlining is tight and clean, door cards, rear parcel shelf, plastic switches and knobs are damage free. The original Phillips push button radio stereo cassette player is still fitted and the quartz clock keeps time. The floor is protected by four Opel Carpet mats. This car really is a beautiful, unspoilt place to be and exactly how Opel intended.

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION

A 2.0i cam-in-head 4-cylinder engine producing 110bhp is smooth, responsive and with 119.5lb/ft of torque pulls wonderfully. Having covered an incredibly low mileage of just 17,686, the car performs beautifully. A highly advanced for 1984 Bosch LE Jetronic fuel injection system offers fantastic fuel economy and performance giving a top speed of 120mph combined with maintenance free electronic ignition and hydraulic tappets reliability is excellent and running costs low. The 5-speed gearbox is slick, precise and a joy to use. At 70mph in fifth gear the engine is at a relaxed 2900rpm offering quiet long distance cruising should the new owner wish to use the car in this way.

WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES

This vehicle it fitted with the factory correct and immaculate Bright Silver alloy road wheels which are 6”X14” with as new tyres. No scuffs or curb damage exists. The dual circuit servo assisted brakes offer excellent feel and pull the car up quickly and safely in a straight line.

HISTORY FILE

Supplied new to a Mrs W.M. Coyne in Toddington on the 24th July 1984 by Plowmans Vauxhall/Opel Dealers this stunning car has only had only two former enthusiast keepers. The original New Car Vehicle Sales Invoice reveals this stunning car cost £7,722 when new and some Dealer fit accessories were requested including a passenger mirror, £19.85 and an extra rear fog lamp at £13.40. A collection of previous MOT Certificates help track the amazingly low mileage this car has covered from new leaving no doubt to the vehicles authenticity. The vehicle has 12 months MOT.

The service book is still located in the correct holder in the passenger foot well, the Opel Manta handbook and all keys are present on a smart Opel Owners Club key fob and fit all doors, boot and ignition. The brochure supplied when the car was new is also still found in the history file and makes fascinating reading!

Any professional inspection warmly welcomed. Viewing and test drives highly recommended to appreciate how unique this car is. Vehicle will appeal to a true Opel enthusiast wanting an unrepeatable low mileage example to form the base of concours work or a modern classic car fan wanting an immensely original Opel GT/E to enjoy at a still reasonable price.

To see a video of this car please click on the link below:

http://youtu.be/FBdg7d3Acbk

To see a full set of photographs of this car please click on the link below:

http://s1205.photobu...3/Opel%20Manta/

Any questions please just call or email.

Karl

B376UMJ012.jpg

B376UMJ010.jpg

B376UMJ011.jpg

B376UMJ013.jpg

B376UMJ015.jpg

B376UMJ026.jpg

B376UMJ016.jpg

B376UMJ019.jpg

B376UMJ003.jpg

B376UMJ004.jpg

B376UMJ021.jpg

B376UMJ023.jpg

Edited by KGF1
  • Like 1

Hi spiney_norman, the vehicle was indeed advertised previously for more money by Rick which I think may of put people off due to the higher asking price. I hope now it represents the correct market value but let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for kind words Danny D114BCW and mikemanta.

Regards

Karl

Thats more like it ,more realistically priced and such a nice original car in a more unusual colour although with such nice history and low miles id expect it to still have the original number plates showing the supplying dealer also to have the correct decal on the nosecone instead of the chrome badge . also i seem to remember their is filler in the channel in the nosecone .but hey thats me just being picky bargain still and sure its going to do someone real proud.

Hello gt/e paul. Thank you for feedback, much appreciated. The pressed aluminium plates are fitted to the car but I do have some acrylic plates also. I have replaced the minor 'chrome detailing' back to factory original as I much prefer the unmodified look.

Thanks for positive remarks Scribe of Lincoln.

Regards

Karl

thats ok karl,good luck with the sale she is a lovely example and nowadays its hard to find low milage unmolested examples .

scribe of lincoln the colour is anthracite i just thought id kindly let you know ,i only know as my own hatch is steel grey

best wishes paul

Glad to see you've taken off some of the bling, IMO this was the only minor thing that let this car down when it won best in it's class at Billing last year.

Original Manta's in as good a condition as the one your selling Karl are becoming rare beasts.

good luck with the sale, i just hope it goes to someone who keeps it original.

017.jpg

Hi Dave

The car is excellent underneath and needs no welding. There is no road tax.

Kind regards

Karl

Hello garymanc

Rick told me all about his experience when he bought the Manta and lavished much time on it as his detailed description reveals!

Kind regards

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Just a polite notice to let you know the car is now sold. A genuine collector who has many plans for the vehicle but I will let him tell you all about that at some point in the future!

Kind regards

Karl